Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Caterham wanted up to 15K

Westfield

You may have seen my recent advert on here for a Caterham under £10k for a friend of mine. Well he has found one, and very nice it is too! Thanks for all who replied to the advert.

Unfortunately it has set me off! I am now looking for a car for myself. I have budget authority from the wife to spend up to £15K (not a penny more she says!!…) so if you have a car (or know of one…) that meets the following specification please mail me.

Must be over 170 BHP

Must be painted – sorry no bare ali cars!

Age not as important as condition, must be immaculate

Cash waiting as they say!!

Tony

I think this one is a superb car, I can't understand why it hasn't gone yet. Perhaps it's because it's on a trade site but this is Peter's own car and as he says he's put a lot of time and money into it. I seem to recall it's in superb condition but I've never looked at it 'critically' - i.e. from a buyer's perspective.

Good luck with the search, even if this isn't the one for you. With that budget you should find a great car.

Andrew

PS. Thanks for the note about your friend having found one *thumbup*

Hi

I have a Caterham on a 51 plate that i will sell for 15k no less

the car has the following spec

Black

170hp webber 45 throttle injector Ford Zetec (James whiting supplied)

5 speed semi helical gearbox RC Components

FIA roll cage

Leather S type seats

Full wet weather gear

Bat isolation switch

Momo swede wheel

14" Minilite style wheels

10k miles

1st MOT due Nov so would sell with full yrs MOT.

Available following sale on seperate nogotiation

13" magnisium wheels with avon A310 tyres

and brand new unused ZF LSD.

New house means selling would be sensible

Photos available

e-mail hamishhtait@hotmail.com

Ollieb7

I am definitely buying! I have the cash but for me this is a big decision. Quite a few people have mailed me and I have a couple of cars to look at this weekend and the weekend after. My preference is for a HPC and my second choice would be a Zetec…

One problem for me with your car is that you are so far away! Aberdeen is an 850 mile round trip!

I would be prepared to make the trip but I need to look at some cars within a reasonable distance first.

I have mailed you for some pictures.

Chris

A K series is on the bottom of my list I am afraid… I would buy one but would prefer to buy with over 170 BHP, thanks anyway.

Hi Tony

If its any consolation i ended up traveling in November to London for this car - the girlfreind wasn't too happy when i found the car had a heater the following march though! I didn't want a K-series and the gearbox was a definate bonus with a very tunable / reliable engine.

Did you get the photos - it's just somebody with a different name had asked for them?

Hamish