Click here if you are having website access problems ×

4 x scrubbed CR322s (Academy 2005 tyres)

CharlesElliott

4 x scrubbed CR322s. Road legal and with a good few trackdays left in them. Perfect for getting some practice in before the 2005 Academy, or use them as a dry set and save your pristine ones for the wet.

£50 for 4 - collect from Surrey or I can probably arrange some convenient pick up point.

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary

Edited by - CharlesElliott on 31 Oct 2004 16:56:40

hi Trevor - i suspected that - i was thinking that i would maybe get some old minilites, and not actually use the scrubbed tyres for competitive Academy stuff, maybe use them for track days etc.

Having said that, 90 each isn't the end of the world, i plan on continuing racing indefinitely and so spare rims are always welcome

PS - have you found a red dot Front ARB anywhere?

It's here - i now live in my garage!

Are they really fitting the 8 spoke alloys to the academy cars now? That's going to cause hassle for some of the follow on series - they all specify the wheel type and don't currently allow the new ones - I feel a rule change coming on. *tongue*

Second hand minators (the old style standard alloy wheels) come up on here quite frequently. Usually around 175 - 200 quid a set. Alternatively 260 quid for a set of new ones here: http://www.tyresave.co.uk/alloyskn.html

R

Are they really fitting the 8 spoke alloys to the academy cars now?

They certainly are. I'm expecting follow on series to allow either old or new, but as none of the 2005 regs are available yet it's difficult to know.

Alternatively 260 quid for a set of new ones here: http://www.tyresave.co.uk/alloyskn.html

Just one thing to be careful of. The Academy and Roadsport regs (and maybe Grads, haven't checked) actually say that the only wheels allowed are ones supplied by Caterham Cars. From my experience, they don't appear to be quite as strict as this - however, wheels were weighed at one event this season and those that had 'lighter' Minators than the CC ones had to change them.

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary

Strange that, considering Caterham claim theirs are a special light version 😳

I have three sets of Minators; two came from Caterham, one from tyresave. They all weigh the same to within 10 grams.

Grads regs says something like "as suplied by caterham under part number xxxx". which doesn't actually say that they have to be bought from Caterham, just that they have to be the same model.

R