Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race Suit

Nifty

hi Nifty

Do you need a fire proof one? I've got a Karting Sparco Level 2 suit. In black. I'm 5'10'', 12.5 stone. With a 34 waist. And it fits me! Maybe a tiny bit on the large side........

It's not fire proof though. It's in pretty good condition except for a slight melting on the right arm from an exhaust incident *confused*

It's in good nick, but i can't use it next year because i need fireproof stuff (and i've another spare for Karting)

Sort of thing you want?

It's here - i now live in my garage!

Mike,

I'm not sure.

I wish to do Curborough and a few track days next year.

Do I need a fireproof suit to compete in the L7C sprints?

I may be interested if it is appropriate.

Can you E-mail with a suggested cost and possibly a photo showing the "damage"?

Many thanks,

Nifty.

P.S. Has your Radical CD arrived?

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Hi Nifty

You'll have to check your regulations - but i'm confident that hillclimbs don't require fire proof suits.

The Level 2 is still a karting suit. It's just a later design from Sparco.

I'll get the old webcam out and email you something in a minute.

As for cost - my sponsor bought it for me, so it didn't cost me anything - so a contribution to NTL and maybe pay for the postage will suffice?

*thumbup*

It's here - i now live in my garage!

Edited by - MikeRowland on 31 Oct 2004 13:26:06

http://www.lotus7club.co.uk/ck/Preparing.htm

Hillclimbs and Sprints require the driver to wear fireproof overalls - either Proban or Nomex.

The overalls will have a specification number on them and a scrutineer will request to see this (as well as checking your helmet)

AFAIK gloves and boots do not have to be fireproof for club type sprints.

Steve

Se7en-Up!

It'S NOT Green!, its the colour of an unripe MANGO

Thanks for that Steve...I guess I should have looked 😳 😳

Mike,

Obviously I'll have to decline your kind offer.

Why not put it on eBay, you could then pocket some and donate the rest to NTL..or donate all if feeling generous.

This one went for £101 this afternoon.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Hi,

I have a sparco fashion 5 race suit for sale. Grey top with black lower half. FIA approved, nomex III fabric, 2 layers. See page 13 of demon tweeks catalogue 2004. Size 56; I'm 6 ft tall with 33 inch waist so it should fit you perfectly. See demon tweeks website to find out exact dimensions. Bought for use in 2004 caterham academy, comes with bag. Worn only twice as sadly had to pull out of series early because of work issues. As new. Cost 240 +vat. Asking 125. Also have nomex sparco underwear available; long sleeved top, long johns, socks and helmet balaclava again worn only twice, washed and as new. Cost 90 +vat, asking 45. Also have bell K1 sport sv helmet in silver and blue. Snell sa 2000 approved, size large. Worn twice, never bumped and as new with bag. cost 240 + vat, asking 120. See page 69 of 2004 demon tweeks catalogue for details.

Drop me a mail if interested in any of the above

Regards

Keith