Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Halloween quandary - to Trick or to Treat?

Big Brother

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking of Irish cars actually which leaves....um.... er... CROSSLES.

The point I'm making is that for over 1,000 years (and probably longer if you include Celtic and pre-Celtic eras), the peoples of these islands have celebrated Haloween or its equivalent. It was only in the past 400 years that the inhabitants of Britain, for political reasons, stopped celebrating this particular event. Welcome back to the fold - I say.

And another thing and I'm choosing to blame mericans as they are to blame for everything I cannot stick on the French........

For Hundreds of Years a signature has been good enough along with a thunb print. But oh not now, I have to remeber 6 diferent blinking Pin Numbers......

Yes I know they claim it is a security issue but if the dumb Ar$e spawn that stand behind tills in Stainsbuggers actually checked the signature when signing for the goods rather than checking their piercings then security would not be an issue.......

My connect card had a perfectly valid signature on the back until it wore out , has anybody noticed Nope . Bet if it had a picture of Beckham on it then it would get noticed...

Not a good day to pack in smoking *mad*

edited to remove some of the more obvious spelling mistakes, now wheres my fags

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

Edited by - Delbert on 1 Nov 2004 15:18:00

Eric,

I threw in De Lorean to be half irish (Norfern Irish I believe).

As I mentioned, you having a valid point about halloween is neither here nor there.

😬 😬

Being a grumpy old man is about ranting UNreasonably about fings.

like cucumbers. personally I like them. a Pimms wouldn't be the same without them.

BUT, some Sheddists think they are the devils found, and will most probably blame the septics, or the french, for their popularity...

Missed it, thought all good shedders had to watch TG and rant as to why Clarkson does not feature Caterhams, Cos we all know they are better than an Enzo, DB9 etc. See Sh1t Chat upstairs

I know what I would own if I had the money, If you need relationship councilling from a man who has only had 2 fags today, then all cash welcome then I show you what I'd buy,

(I'll give you a clue the phone call will go to Newport Pagnell) unfortunatly the bleeding 'mericans own them now aswell)

PS Mrs GTD is it repeated ?

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

But some Numpty will think its my signature.

Now to gain votes the challenger Chappie is to give free broad band to all merican citizens.

So more sites of me an my Chevy.........

Paul,

as quoted on the simpsons:

'so homer, did you go to the east side of St Louis'

Homer: " is there any other side"

So, yes I did pop over a couple of times.. top tip is don't go to the joints just over the bridge.. they over priced and too busy.. go a few miles further into Illinois and the joints are cheaper, and more 'hands on' *tongue* *tongue* *tongue*

allegedly.

so someone told me. ahummm.. *tongue* 😬 *cool*

well I haven't seen the film.. did it portray it a bit like this?? :

run down town centre.

stupid arch stuck in the middle of no where.

sh8t airport.

awful traffic jams to get in and out.

no bars/restaurants in town centre apart from TGI Fridays and Marriott hotel.

all shops/food places closed by 17:00 each day.

FREEZING cold in winter (-20C).

The worlds WORST taxis (damp, holes in floor, all 20 year+ old chevies etc).

HUGE industrial zone (with strip joints) on opposite bank of river. Totally ruining any nice views of afore mentioned arch.

Only half decent bar area down by river very very dead during week. (GF and I were only people in bar one monday night at 8pm, OK it was -20C out and most sane people were not going out, but I'm British and a little weather isn't going to get between me and a beer, even if it is crappy US beer).

and to top it all, very few attractive female locals.

I will not be rushing back.

St Louis is also home to that gnats pi$$, Budweiser.

A major ingredient in Bud is rice which is why it is wasn't available in Germany as they have rules about what can be called beer and a rice pudding isn't beer

Another lovely feature was the McDonnell Douglas factory (now Boeing I suppose - Eric ?) and the HQ of TWA. I used to visit the former and the bar on the top floor of Stouffers for the view of the runways, hmmmm nice

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Paul - correct. The original McDonnell Corporation hailed from St Louis (not Douglas, which was a Californian company). Mc Donnell bought out Douglas in 1967. Planes like the Banshee, Voodoo and Phantom all started life at McDonnell's St Louis plant. The last great McDonnell Douglas plane was the F-15. When McD went down in 1997, Boeing bought up the remains and I suppose the St Louis factory is now Boeing owned.

yep eric.. md building at airport has big 'boeing' sign on side..

and twa is now AA...

but they stole the rams off LA.

and Sir Paul, i was 'working' for bud when there.. i really had to bite my tongue when we did brewery tour. especially when they claimed pasteurisation made the beer taste Better! yeah right. that is why stella is so nice & london pride or youngs etc etc are horrible !!(ps ross knows nuffing about beer) *tongue*