Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Repeaters, I said Repeaters!

Tarkers

Whats the best alternative you lot have found to those horrible side repeaters out of the BL parts bin?

I'm just about to take delivery of a 1.6SL with raw carbon front wings and I dont fancy drilling big holes in the sides of them only to then fill them with something off an Austin Maxi.

The smallest repeater I've found on cars on the road today is off a Fiat Coupe or Barchetta. These are titchy little dots on the sides of the car and could quite easily (and legally - yes I know I've got to have them for the SVA) be located on the wings with minimal fuss.

I'm trying to avoid the only other (legal) alternative which seems to be Ford units mounted in the aluminium side panel just behind the front wheel.

Flicking through old copies of LF last weekend I noticed the Fireblade featured in the July and March issues has a neat little units located in the side of the headlamp - does anyone know where I can get these (the headlamps look to be the smaller type as well) or are they a unique modification?

Thanks all in advance.

Tarkers

Tarkers,

The other option is to fit some "temprary" wings for the SVA complete with repeaters, and then refit the nice carbon ones with no repeaters.

SVA can be hot on this, but MOT stations vary and can be "convinced" that you don't need them.

I had my Caterham reseller fir the temprary wings for SVA, and It worked fine.... Officer.

T 1 PPB - Superlight

"Well yes officer i'm not arguing, it's just that [insert excuse here]..."

There was a guy on Men and Motors last night who had obtained an R1 race bike from M Jefferies and had added a small set of lights and indicators to make it usable on the road. The indicators were about the size of a Caterham hood popper, ie v. small items, and dark in colour probably ideal for the outer edge of a carbon wing. Probably in the M&P catalogue mentioned above.