Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Video - In car remote?

tom7

I have a RF concepts bullet cam that I run through a Canon MV650i.

Rather than fiddle about with infra red remotes and pauses etc. which is quite tough with a helmet and harness, I'm looking to use a LANC remote.

Is this possible with my camera? Which socket in the camera would I use as the only likely socket seems to be the one that the bullet cam plugs into.

I confess not to be too well clued up with this sort of thing.

thanks

Tom

• Support Team

Anyone know if you can use one of these with a Sony camcorder (specifically PC109E). I use this with a bullet cam but the normal record button doesn't work with the AV-in and I have to select a menu option to record from the bullet cam. This suggests that a simple remote would not do the job. Pretty sure the Sony has a blue input so should support the technology.

Any advice appreciated.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Thanks for the replies.

I have just checked the camera for a blue socket and none is to be found ☹️

Above my yellow one I have a red one for an external mic. It does seem a bit daft that the 550i has it and the 650i doesn't *confused*

I suppose that plan is buggered, unless anyone else knows different?

Tom

All the sony cameras should have a lanc connector. - They kinda invented it.

I have a TRV-33

My problem is that I need to press record of the Menu scree on the LCD. If I simply use the record button at the back for some reason it records to the memory stick. - Daft.

Does anyone know if a lanc connector will work for this ?

Birkin S3 Ford Kent 1600 Weber 40's AND just in

Maped Ignition. *WOW*

• Support Team

Michael - I have exactly that issue with my Sony (see post above). After following Chelspeeds link and then a few others I got to a company called drivedata who can supply a LANC controller that reads the setting from the camera and sends the appropriate record command. I guess from this you need to switch the camera on, select the AV-in mode and then pack it into the car. The LANC will then detect that mode and when you hit the button will send the correct record command. I emailed drivedata and they confirmed that it would work so I'll be adding that to my Christmas list 😬

Information on the controller here.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Whoa! Drivedata want £76 for the remote.

You can get the same unit from rf concepts for £35.

Or at www.sports-camera.com (which looks remarkably similar to rf concepts web site) if you buy it at the same time as a bullet cam it will cost £25.

As I am a tight wad, I got my Canon 530i cheap off ebay and resent having to pay a large percentage of the cost of the camera for a remote. So I have been looking at the possibility of building my own remote. I have found several PIC based projects on the net and reckon I could build something with the same functionality as the Lanc Sports for under a tenner. If I get a prototype to work would anyone be interested in this?

Ray