Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Change up light

ROC

I will be running in my 1600 superlight shortly. As the temptation to show the car off to friend will be rather immense, I was considering adjusting the change up light to come on at 4K revs as a gentle reminder for the first 500 miles. Then perhaps adjusting it to come on at 6 – 6.5K for the next 300 miles, before resetting it to 7.4K.

Does anyone know of an easy way to achieve this, or am I just going to have to discipline myself question.gif blush.gif

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you may well find that your car does not have a functional shiftlight. On this part of my recent Superlight build, I came across conflicting instructions between the assembly guide and a separate couple of pages. When I approached Caterham about it, I discovered that I had the latest EU3 version of the 1.6 and that the shift light was not presently programmed. Apparently a modification of some sort was needed, but not available at the time (May this year). It might be worth checking with Caterham to see if yours is the same as mine. If you talk to them before I get round to it, I’d be interested to know the outcome.

Webcon Alpha sequencial shift lights, cost £50 and simply connect/piggyback off the connections to the rear of the rev counter. This unit is fully adjustable and you can run the cable between the scuttle trim and the dash so no need for any drilling. I am very pleased with my unit.

They appeared to be fully aware of the problem and whilst they did not outright say yes there was a problem they did not correct me when I quoted JAM's comments above. Thus in effect they confirmed the situation. Best of luck