Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mats - how to keep them from getting under the pedals!!

Ian F

Anyone got any smart solutions as to how to stop the mats from sliding under the pedals! I did what the Caterham manual told me 4 years ago with the poppers but these have pulled thro, I've also tried heavy duty velcro but with only partial success!! Please help before I go mad!![:/

IAN (got the Green and Yellow Fever!!!)

When I got my car I stuck them down 3M spray glue. Stuck well for about 5 months.

Then I stuck them again.

This time in the bin.

I find it mets my feet slip in and out easier to.

PS the weight saving will give you an extra 20HP and wont cost you 5 quid. Satisfaction gauranteed.

Birkin S3 Ford Kent 1600 Weber 40's AND just in

Maped Ignition. *WOW*

• Leadership Team

Do the job properly - 2 correctly fitted poppers to the rear edge of the mats, 2 correctly fitted poppers to the rear edge of the footwell floor, locate mats, remove only for cleaning. What's the issue *confused*

Stu.

When I built the car I sent to complete carpet set back and then exchanged it for two of the carpetted mats. Each mat is held down along the rear edge with 3 poppers into the floor. 3 years and 6000miles later they are exactly where I fitted them. They've been removed ~ 4 times for drying out and hoovering but they go back fine.

Why do the carpets move. I hav e had them for nearly ten years and I have had to replace them twice in that time as I wore holes in them.

Is it down to the adjustment of the pedals, so that you use the cross rail as a pivot point and do not slide your foot forwards?

Low tech luddite - xflow and proud!