Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slippers

Buda

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with the comedy slippers of my yoof was that front 3/4 was all foam, with my foot only occupying the very back part *confused* Made walking up stairs a tad tricky 🙆🏻

I'm with Mav on the moccasins *thumbup*

Buda - you have a thick and sticky dog 🤔 *confused* *tongue*

Wearing no footwear at all, I managed to slip down the stairs yesterday , briefly approximating skiing before making painful contact with the banister rail and taking out one of the supports.

I can therefore state, as a result of my experiments:

1) bare feet are more slippery than slippers;

2) skiing in bare feet is possible but can lead to carpet burns;

3) it is dangerous to ski off-piste while skiing downstairs;

4) small children find it very amusing when Daddy is hung over and injures himself;

5) slippers should be worn after attending other people's 40th birthday parties and drinking a bucket of Bollinger.

😬 - sorry Meldrew, I meant ☹️ of course *tongue*

Does that mean we should be re-naming them stickers? Could cause some confusion.

I am a fan of Garfields at Christmas - as previous shedders have indicated, they are too warm, and make climbing stairs and other manoeuvres tricky, but they always seem to get me in the Christmas spirit nicely *thumbup* *cool*

By coincidence, I was watching Brainiac yesterday, in which they tested which type of sock was most conducive to sliding (and therefore which to avoid if one does not want to decline the stairs at an excessively rapid pace). If I remember correctly, wool was by far the slippiest (and fastest), with cotton next fastest, and Polyester bringing up the rear. I guess that makes polyester the 'Classic' of socks, cotton the Roadsport and Wool the R400, for the racier peeps in the club *wink*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Today I went to a purveyour of the said footware and have decided that I will have the slightly camp Red Velvet but with the rackish Gold embroidery and tassles.

They are currently residing on my feet whilst I walk around the office.

It is so nice for once people are laughing at my jokes.

It still takes them a while to get the punchline as I hear the laughter just after I have left the room.

Must be I'm just more quick witted than the average Glossopite 😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

most excellent choice, have you got a matching smoking jacket and a fez yet?

I have taken my slippers off because I am lounging on my couch dealing with 'troublsome eyes syndrome' which is a condition caused by putting bits off cling film in your eyes on the off chance they will cure my sight, I'm supposed to leave them in all week but they go uncomfy every now and then, the worst part is when I wake up in the morning and my eyes are stuck together and I cant find my slippers and end up wearing my wifes slippers and then she wakes up and accuses me of being wierd, I ask you, me weird? I did think about laser eye surgery but the dog has reccomended against it. whats that arry (the dogs name, well its actually ariadne but she can't spell that), little billy's stuck down the well, I need to get the sheriff quickly, he fell down because he wasn't wearing his glasses because he'd had laser eye treatment and fused his irises to his optic nerve and the resultant loss of eye juice from the eye balls has caused the whole of the front of his face to collapse? , dog snorts again and runs off in the direction of the well>

sorry chaps got to go, must find the sheriff, when I get back I'm going to put my ski boots on until bed time 😬, if I can see them.

I find little bits of hard plastic more effective than cling film but you can't leave them there all week ☹️

The end result is the same - complete inability to find slippers, resulting an embarrassing footwear crisis and possibly marital difficulties because your spouse thinks you're weird *confused*

Good luck finding the sherriff - check the bar first. Probably having a bit of apres ski................

I must admit that I am considering a suitable evening jacket but I felt that its inclusion would be offensive to the host of this thread as it may have been considered off topic.

However since that genial host has now raised the said subject

A quandrary Should it match or contrast the slippers 🤔

Perchance may I have some advice

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

This thread has cost a fortune. Because of the additional expenses incurred Delberta will have to go without the latest Billabong SK8Ter trousers and the White Stuff Surf tops she so desperatly needs.

The tale has now taken on a whole new dimension.

Not satisfied with the rather snazzy new slippers and smoking jacket I purchaesed a Monte Cristo No2 to smoke .

Heavenly you might think, nothing better for a gentleman of my years.

However I sat down to enjoy the pleasures and realised I was now missing the Wing Back leather chair and the open fire from which I could bask in its glow.

So the builders arrive tomorrow the Habitat Contemporary White Sofas are off to do good work in a Home for unemployed gas light attendants and John Lewis delivers a Chesterfield and pair of Wing Backs next week.

All because of a pair of slippers *eek*

Its getting out of controll. Just been to look at a House in the Country and it has 2 Inglenooks *thumbup*

Also thinking of changing name to Fotherington-Fanshaw DSO Bar KBO and Spaniel 😬

only two inglenooks?

my whole house is an inglenook, no sorry wrong, my whole house is an igloo,

anyway, didn't wear my slippers last night, I was wearing ski boots (and skis), very comfortable although there is a small amount of pressure on my right foot, on the side, just behind my little toe, I'll have to see if this disappears or whether I need to get them remoulded a bit.

I found my climbing hut boots last night in the cupboard, now you'd like those, they are basically a slipper type sole (but heavily insulated) with ankle height down filled uppers and a draw string closure on the top, now these babies are seriously warm but look daft. I believe they are made by sierra designs (how a 1980's ford car designes stuff I'll never know, maybe they where cleverer than we thought) and cost less than my slippers, however it is de rigeur to wear a down jacket when wearing said boots, some gloves, a balaclava and if possible a sleeping bag, this can prove a little too warm especially when basking in front of your log fire, in your wingback chair, smoking

This thread has been quite an education, until today I had believed that those who live north of Watford Gap wore nothing but hobnailed boots or clogs upon their feet

Also Delbert I believe you have missed of a T in the middle of "However since that genial host has now raised the said subject"

Paul 😬

Supercheese R250