Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Slippers

Buda

I'm wearing my slippers

I have been wearing ski boots but now I'm wearing slippers

any one else wearing unsuitable footware for skiing?

on a point about my slippers, I'm in a quandry, which is like a quarry but not as deep or a laundry just spelt differently, actually its more like a laundry at the bottom of quarry, should I purchase some replacement slippers for my christmas holiday with new genuine sheep fluff in them there by ensuring ultimate toe cudginess, or keep the nicely worn in pair I'm wearing now which have less sheep fluff - more sort of nicely worn leather internals?

pad pad pad pad pad pad pad pad>

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am wearing slippers *thumbup*

I am also in a quandry (see description above) as my slippers are also coming to the end of their operational life. Luckily Christmas is coming and there is a good chance that a new pair will be delivered on Christmas morn. However do I take the risk and wait or do I buy a new pair now in case the predicted harsh winter arrives, rendering slipper delivery services out of action, resulting in a cold toed christmas day *confused*

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

there does seem to be a problem with slipper durability these days, what we need to do is find a slipper refurbishment service, or we could try and get mav to organise a bulk buy of slippers although there may be some issues of pie contamination, crumbs within the fluff, if we follow the latter route.

I'm wearing slippers whilst surfing Blatchat and drinking red wine. Oh my god, I must be getting old - someone pass me a pipe!

Well old bean, there's nothing wrong with a well packed briar, I'll say! I've taken quite a shine to mine..... *wink*

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads.....

I am beslippered (comfy, no holes, still good for a few months yet) with no immediate plans to go skiing *smile* Surfing BC with a coffee in my hand and Scissor Sisters on in the background - what Sundays were made for 😬

I think I will wash the seven before taking her to the new AWESOME meet 😬 I think I should take Noger's advice to change into shoes first so as to avoid the Buda/Simon slipper quandary

Well I`m slipperless this morning........I`ve forgotten where I left them. Perhaps any bulk buy of slippers culd consider the option of some kind of homing device. I really must go and find them before the dog does. In the fragile state they are in I fear they will not last long!

I find myself, at the age of 41 in a quandry with regard to slipper selection

Am I to old for the Garfields 🤔

Feeling this to be the case (Delberta says so so it must be right)

Do I now go for a plain burgandy , maybe couduroy, uppered slipper with maybe a rackish gold tassle or

do I head straight for the Damart tartan ankle boot specials with zips 🤔

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

I find comedy slippers ( I have some reindeer slippers ) to be too warm, plus they attract too much unwanted attention from the dog. Not only do you have the extra weight of the slippers everywhere you go but you generally have to drag an attached dog as well.

The subject of comedy slippers strengthens the option to upgrade my slippers now. The chances of a pair of slippers as a christmas present being of the comedy variety are extremely high.

But with the comedy dog attached to my Garfileds I did then justify that my amble to the fridge for more beer was then aerobic therefore healthy. So they become Comedy trainers rather than comedy slippers. Having seen the Mikee range they seem to cater for this role well *eek*

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

my latest slippers, which I am at present modelling see, are made by wassbring and are by far the best slippers I have ever had, they are however quite expensive, but then my toes and feet are particularly specil to me, I have had them for quite a while now and they allow me to wear my ski boots.

I am going to do a search on the internet thing to find my slippers, that will keep me amused for a while, then I'm going to look up Tignes weather reports to see if its snowing yet and if it is I'm going to get dressed up in my skiing outfit and play ssx tricky on the playstation.

I shall report back.

Buda

Edited by - Buda on 24 Oct 2004 12:27:50

I have a pair of 'comedy' Marvin Martian Slippers here, that as Simon says keep your feet too warm. I do not however have the comedy dog problem, as we don't have a dog.

I have a pair of normal slippers that I have started wearing around the house, to keep my toes warm.

I prefer the mocasin type with a rigid sole.

Soft and fluffy on the inside hard on the outside - Mocasins 😬

Mav, you can " 'av a borrow " of one of the GRs if you like *tongue*

The phenomenonenonenon of slippers going missing is indeed a shedly problem and needs to be addressed forthwith. My super-comfy leather slippy-on-type slippery things in a fetching shade of blue also seem to have walked off on their own 😳 I have had to resort to wearing Docksides (sans sox of course)

Maybe there's a secret meeting of the SS (Slipper Society) taking place in one of the Shed Annexes *eek* 🤔

FH *cool*