Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Washer bottle leak

tgracing

My washer bottle is leaking at the base of the pump. Is this common and is there an easy fix. The pump doesn't appear to fit very well in the recess on the bottle. I wish I had tried to fill it before putting the engine in.[:-(]

Davebo

C7 CAR

My windscreen washers work automatically...everytime I go around a corner at speed (most of the time in a Seven!) the screen gets a liberal dose of screen wash. Very distracting when on the limit. Easily remedied...I just leave the bottle empty except at MOT time. Not very scientific though.

I don't think it's that common a fault. From what your saying I guess you don't have a 1400 "K" series 'cos the bottle is mounted high up (just in front of the heater above the bell housing-result easy to get to and fill).

I suppose you could always fit aero screens!!! Seriously though, it may be replacement time for the pump.Try a scrap yard as the whole bottle /pump is cheap and will be 'matched'. you may find one that can easily be relocated. Best of luck!

Derr!. I had a go at it last night and found that I hadn't compressed the pump into its correct position. This puts the joint under compression and 'seals' it, at the same time the electrical connection fits properly as it's lower.

blush.gif

Davebo

C7 CAR

• 2 weeks later...