Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mintex M1177 Front M1144 Rear Anybody Tried This Combo?

YellowSeven

I current run standard pads at the rear and mintex M1144 at the front (Standard calipers on a 1.6K roadsport). I'm not that impressed so am looking to upgrade, Pagits are a little to expensive for my liking so I thouoght of M1177 & M1144 anybody tried this?

Or anyother none Pagid combos

Comments?

No reply so perhaps other are like me and don't know what M1177's are.

I know about M1122, M1135 (I think), M1144 and M1155 but have not come across M1177's. Tell us more and you might get more replies.

Generally the rear of standard Caterhams is overbraked due to the efficiency of the modern Sierra rear calipers v the old fashioned Herald fronts. So you're looking to make the rears work a little less well than the fronts. Or make both work better and fit a limiter to the rears to stop them locking first.

I used this combo in my 2002 Academy car for grads racing. Works great on track!

Beware road use as the 1177s don't work too well when cold... 😳

This combination is what was recommended by McMillan Motorsport. It seemed to sort the previous problems I was having with the rear pads overheating and crumbling.

• Area Representative

Trevor,

I got mine from a local PartCo. I have three different branches in easy reach, and phoned all of them for a quote. They all gave slightly different answers, but all closen and all cheaper than any of the mail order options.

The part number you need for standard fronts is MGB533M1144. You'll need to order them, but mine were ready for next day collection.

Edited by - Richard Price on 23 Oct 2004 14:03:37