Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Goodwood in 2005

GTD

Donington would be excellent. And for Brands, does it need to be the Grand Prix circuit - it does put the price up rather? I'll do it anyway next year as I'm taking a year off racing!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Brands Grand Prix is expensive to hire but seems popular. We'll also lucky to hire it as events on the GP circuit are limited.

We'll fortunate that we can fill the day up and hence keep the entry fee as low as we can.

Keep the suggestions coming as I'd like to do the circuits that you the members want to do if possible...

Geoff *smile*

I suppose one alternative type venue would be to do an airfield type day - for those for whom the tyre barriers at Brands and Goodwood are (reasonably enough) too scary!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

• Area Representative
Hopefully I'll be able to give everyone the chance to have a go at Cadwell next year with the plans I have in mind
5 minute sessions 😬

Lots and lots of Brands GP, please. Cadwell and Oulton, too.

Geoff, a suggestion and request: can we visit circuits more than once in the season, please 🤔

Cheers

Adil

Geoff,

Glad you thought that Snetterton was a good day in 2003, I really enjoyed it but I have not seen much feedback from this event.

As most people travelled to the event the night before many of us met up at a pub near the circuit for a good natter which added to the whole experience.

Regards

Tony

You will get full 20 minute sessions at Cadwell.

Would love to do Castle Coombe but it would have to be a 105db day and all their track days seem to be 100db. We had a 98db driveby session at Donny this year which was a nightmare for some of us, so all our days need to be 105db to save the hassle.....

Snetterton took ages to fill up but eventually sold out helped along by the good weather that we had at the time...It seems to one of those circuits that people either love or hate....Personally I find the staff at Snetterton the best to deal with from an organisers point of view and as with all club days was great fun.

Even the accomodation at Snet proved fun for me as we had take the bathroom door off for me to get in to the bathroom oh and I'm not that fat either

If we can do Donnington then to get the price down I'll probably do the National circuit, there is quite a big price difference from memory between the GP and National circuit which IMHO doesn't warrent the extra cost...I'll probably be brought down in flames now *tongue* by those who want to do the GP....

Geoff *smile*

Snetterton was a great day in 2003, as it was in 2004 with SELOC, but it would be preferable to do it with the Club in 2005.

Someone also mentioned Croft, which I know is a bit up't North, but it would be good to see it included for that very reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Brands GP and Castle Combe if we could get a noisy day would get my vote every time. At Combe the 100dba is static not drive-by and there were about 5-10 sevens when I was there and no-one had any problems. It's no worse than an airfield day.

Bedford could be a problem though... even though it's a great track. Has anyone mentioned the banking at Rockingham?

Andrew

I'd love to do a Brands Hatch day, mainly because it's nearest.....

Goodwood's good as well - any idea's on how loud an R400 with an R500 exhaust is? Hate to get there and be disappointed.

I've also heard that there are various airfields around that occasionally "let you loose", maybe a few of us could get together and set up some sort of circuit between us?

Something near London is always good for me - just give enough notice so i can blag the day off. *wink*

R400 SVN ... can you guess what it is yet?