Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mallory - Tyre Choice

sjmmarsh

I have a choice of tyre for Thursday - Avon ZZ1/3 205/16/45 or Yoko A032R Soft 185/13/60. Given the forecast is variable (BBC says sunshine *cool*, but uk.weather says 'few showers' ☹️), I don't know which to go for, particularly as Garrards(?) is supposed to eat rear left tyres and I don't have any experience of using A032Rs in the wet/damp.

What shoes should I put on my car??

Steve

What shoes should I put on my car??

You mean boots?

. . . .Wellies would probably be most appropriate?

I hope it rains.....Rain's fun!

BTW - I'd use the 032s. They will be OK in the damp and if the left rear wears too much, you can swap the rears (they're non-directional aren't they *confused*).

Accumulating bits for the Super-Busa. . .

Steve,

I had similar decison at Llandow a couple of weeks ago... I had both sets of wheels with me that you described (thanks to Adam's transportation services!!). The 032s won. THey are fine on wet/damp tracks, until you hit actual big puddles of standing water, and your in pooh then either way!

Neil

Thanks for that - my problem is that I can only take one set of wheels and have to decide tonight...

The forecast on BBC is still sun, but uk.weather says that it is going to rain overnight until about 5am and then dry up. Tough call!

Steve

Steve

Hope you have a good day - I should have been there but C7 is back at Dartford (again!) with the "usual problem".................................

BTW don't forget the Brazilian GP this weekend and get your entry in on time. For next year I'm considering introducing a "Joker" system. Each player has one "Joker" card which multiplies the points they really earn by 10 - I'm thinking of calling it a "Bernie". *eek*

L

Silver SV SSR