Click here if you are having website access problems ×

year 2001 titanium Yamaha R1 silencer - take a look - its a good idea realy !

Jason Plato

I did buy it to look at the design and possibly fit it on my own Caterham as the concept appealed to me , the silencer is realy light , the bore is good , the length is perfect and it realy quietens the road bikes and they still make big power , but I have now made another exhaust .

The silencer is unmarked , and in very good condition . Would suit a bike engine car very well *thumbup*

There is a good picture of a potential install here

Just looking to recover what I paid : £45 + postage

Dave

C7 TOPhere *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 18 Oct 2004 09:02:57

Dave, I'm intrigued but the write-up suggests it needs a longer/angled outlet. Is the one you have as standard (in the pic) or does it have the adjusted tailpipe?

I like the idea and it's the right colour for my car. Don't suppose you've any dimensions?

The can I have has the standard outlet as on the picture , this would need a nice end piece tig'd on , but thats easy enough .

I dont have any dimensions on me , but I can do some measurements tonite .

I know it fits great with a SLR 4-2-1 non cat pipe and a modified rear bracket .

It does need a bit of welding to mate up to the SLR / r500 system, but the concept would work .

Nige - dont be thinking that this will fit straight on - it wont ! , you will need to modify it . But if you have weling equipment then it shouldnt take 30 mins .

Dave

C7 TOPhere *tongue*

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 18 Oct 2004 11:59:10

I'm seeing a friend at the weekend. I'll ask him if he can weld something up so if he can, and it's still for sale, I'll probably have it. Don't keep it for me though.

Any idea what the end plate is made from? Presumably only the blue bit is Ti..??

No problem Striker - Its yours *thumbup*

I'll call you nce you have had your breakfast 😬

Nige - I'm not sure what the end caps are made of , but the actual exit pipes which are seperate from the caps are stainless .

These are often for sale on ebay . Like I said I had the idea so I picked this up for £45

I have since learnt that Dave Walker runs one of these on the rear of his BMW 325i *eek*

Dave

C7 TOPhere *tongue*