Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Clutch removal - what is the tool for the bolts?

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Just about to take the clutch cover off and I find that the bolts are like a reversed torqx bolt i.e. the bolt head looks like a 6 point torqx driver. Is there a bodge or do I need the special tool? Any idea if Halfords do it? A 1/4" socket fits over the bolt but I'm afraid of rounding the bolt off.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Shaun

that's unsual, sounds like they are a ~Torx fitting, are you sure you are undiong the correct ones, it's the 6 ones set in a recess at the outer edge of the clutch cover, normally just a 10mm std bolt head

I've probably got the socket you need if it is the torx/ spline type

Mark

• Support Team

Mark - yep definitely 6 torqx type bolts - I thought I was going mad. I am getting a bit worried about my engine as the block doesn't look like the pictures that Dave sent me (see other thread) so I can't even really mount the engine side on to the stand - I am missing some of holes in the block.

If I can't source the socket tomorrow then if you have the right size I'd be really grateful.

Thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Mark,

Please can you send to (email address removed) as I can't access by work email from home due to technical difficulties with laptop. (who'd work in IT? *tongue*)

Cheers,

Shaun

Profile now updated

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 13 Oct 2004 19:19:05

Edited by - Shaun_E on 13 Oct 2004 19:20:32

Edited by - Shaun_E on 13 Oct 2004 19:21:48