Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Anyone heard from naPP?????

Lee

😬

Thanks Boonie, I'm fine, but I'll pass the bandage on to Gerard *thumbup* *wink*

I'm afraid that, having done all the good work to catch the car in front, I tried a last-lap 'go for glory' overtake up the inside at Druids, had a spectacular spin on the way out, and wrecked my sump over the kerbs, dumping oil all the way down the hill and coasting to a stop half a lap from the end 😳 *eek*. Also meant I couldn't do the second race ☹️ A shame really, I had been planning to use the tow out of Clearways, but he left the door open at Druids, and it was too inviting ......

I had a great time though, lots of fun *wink*

Also, I spoke to Gerard today, who (fingers crossed) thinks he might be able to do a repair job from underneath, and avoid having to remove the engine and replace the sump *thumbup* *wink*

Poopoo-san and his not quite black and white cat

Sump comes off a k without engine extraction and pretty certain it should come off most other engines without engine extraction due to lack of gubbins under engine (i like the word gubbins very descriptive a bit like the word jism a very descriptive word but not so much use in 7 circles) but what would worry me is the state of your big ends (now that is alo a good phrase as it has slightly rude conitations) as the lose of oil pressure at high revs mighted of wiped your shells ( wiped is also a good term as it really describes what the shell looks like as in wiped out i am not sure if it came into engineering from genral language to engineering or the other way round) so whilst you sump is off i would have a look at your big ends and see if there is anything wrong there and hopefully you wont have to use my favorite engineering term.

The ducking duckers ducking ducked 😳 (which leave you in doudt as to the problem)

Sod the heater wheres my shades

Me too Viv, I'm still re-living it on an hourly basis ☹️

thinfourth, I have a dry sump fitted, not sure if that makes a difference (? - all a bit technical for me *wink*). We think the engine is OK, we had a look at the Stack data and I think I reacted quickly enough to shut everything down and stop any engine damage.

either way, many thanks for the opportunity to talk about my big end, I didn't even realise I had one *wink* 😬

Bum 🙆🏻 Pat's cat is dead at the moment.

Gerard has managed to fix the sump, but we now know that the engine was damaged by the sudden loss of oil ☹️ ☹️

I am now facing a big bill and will not be able to make the club day at Silverstone *thumbdown* ☹️

Amazing really, I didn't hit anyone and didn't really expect to do so much damage just with a spin *confused*

Sorry to hear the news naPP and that coming on top of Ross' bombshell - still you can rebuild the engine in the lounge now without your wife getting angry...

...apparently so I'm told the lounge, especially one with a cream carpet, is not a place to strip an engine...how did I know...there's no warning sign on the door...

While Gerard is working his magic you could always take the car and wheel it around Fred Flinstone stylee - or fit pedals for the kids to have a go.

Or uncle Boonie could send the Pat juniors a Haynes manual and a tool kit and tell them to suprise Daddy by fixing the car...

bad news Pat ☹️ ☹️

BUT I'm on the waiting list for Silverstone... so could you let Geoff P know you can't make it and kindly suggest you know a guy what is on the waiting list who would love to go in your place!! 😬 😬 *thumbup*

Cheeky aren't I!! Hope your back on the road/track before too long...

thanks Pat!

and I wasn't really asking to queue jump!! I like it when orderly formal systems work!!

I hope I get on the day as my Dad would like to come along for the day... he used to take me to silverstone as a kid to watch F1 (when it was exciting) so it would be nice for him to actually get to drive round the full GP track (albeit in its current mickey mouse state compared to its old 70s and 80s glory days!)

Hope your engine is back together soon.. *thumbup* *thumbup*