Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shift Lights

LuckyLuc

I have a Superlight 1600 K, and I want a set of change lights. There are a number of options (including Caterhams) Anyone tried to fit them, and would anyone recommend a set - The only issue I see beyond the simple act of making them work (oh how simple that is....sigh!) is how to get them so they are square on the dash an not sloping to the right with the dash top.

Luke West

• Support Team

You won't notice that they are not quite square - the slope on the scuttle at the point in front of you is fairly negligible. I have the Omex ones which have a separate unit under the dash (that houses all the fancy stuff) and a tiny unit on the scuttle about 1 inch long with 4 leds - green, green, amber, red - which is just stuck to the scuttle with a small adhesive pad. I've seen other types mounted on two legs that rivet or screw to the scuttle top.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Leadership Team

The slope on the dash will be noticeable. If you buy the ACES shift light - specifically for a Caterham you'll get a tidy anstallation akin to the R3/4/500s.

Some good photos here

Have a look half way down the page and you'll see how severe the slope is!

Stu.

I have had the omex on my car for 3 years without any problems since installation, I persoannly like them because the unit with the LED's is very small and tidy *thumbup*

plus they where very helpful when i had a few queries when setting them up *thumbup*

rob *smile*

• Leadership Team

Probably from an ACES supplier (or direct?) - give them a call. The ACES version will be ACES branded - they stick a little Caterham sticker on the front for the Caterham supplied ones 😬

Stu.

I've just emailed them and asked for a price inc. angled Caterham brackets. Their web site has loads of info, in fact everything you could want to know about the system... except how much it costs!

I'll post the response here.

- Tim

- 2004 evo Caterham Academy, Group 2 Runner Up

build diary here

The ACES unit is a very nice piece of kit, and definitely the one to have if "money no object". ACES are also extremely helpful about installation advice. They supplied mine with an extra resistor fitted so it was compatible with the EU3 MEMS output.

OTOH, an OMEX sequential does the same job for less than half the price. Rally Designs do Omex stuff at a good price.

You pays your money and takes your choice! *cool*