Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Radiator Fins

Ferrino

I've just bought a used rad and although it is mainly in very good condition, some of the front-facing fins have been bent/crushed slightly and I'd like to straighten them up to stop impeding air-flow/cooling. Do I need to find a tool like this or do you have any other tips?

Cheers.

Hi Tony, just seen the post, a word of caution about the radiator fins, they're not very robust, hope they can take this kind of treatment, don't be surprised if a few bits break loose, and there are also different forms of fins, on which this gadget may not work, still it's worth a shot, if you get one let us all know how successful it is, cheers Nigel. (still no Toyota motor ☹️)

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

Well I can't find this gadget anywhere in the UK. A US supplier wants $15 to ship and $13 for the tool, and then I guess I'd have to pay some kind of duty on top of that? Anyway, if anyone finds one in the UK, let me know and I will buy it & loan it out!

Nigel - what's holding up the Toyota upgrade? Sold my engine & gearbox bits a couple of weeks ago......

too bad.. looked worth having.

Be carefull using a Screwdriver though.. It's possible to nick/damage the rad's water tubes if not overly carefull.. a much bigger problem than a few bent fins.

Plastic implements are 'safer'.