Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Radical Videos CD

Nifty

(Copied from a previous post on Chitchat)

Early in the year I contacted Radical to ask if they had a copy of the video clip of Phil Bennett in the SR3 Turbo at The ‘Ring which they had been showing at The Autosport Show.

A very nice lady replied and sent me a CD which not only contained this clip but also a number of other clips, including a fantastic 10 minutes at Spa and some great dicing video from the US.

Thinking that some others in the club might want a copy I asked Radical’s permission to amalgamate these clips into an autorun CD and flog them in aid of Nuke The Luke through the club. They were more than happy to agree to this and so a plan was laid.

However, it has taken me until now to get around to completing said project.

The CD contains several clips from Brands Hatch (approx 5 mins each) as well as the 10 minutes at Spa and the ‘Ring clip (5 minutes), compilations from Radical West in the US, three television clips featuring the SR3, and many smaller clips of starting laps from one of the Radical race series (the latter being downloaded from their website to fill the CD to capacity).

Note 1: The ‘Ring clip is only 5 minutes long, not the 7 mins 19 secs Mr Bennet completed the lap in. This is because the camera shut itself down at The Caroussel….there is no footage beyond this point but it is quite exhilerating up to there

Note 2: Since receiving these videos Radical have now posted the Nurburgring clip and others up on their website but the version I have is much higher definition so is still worth having. *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

If anyone wishes to have a copy then please send a cheque for £10, made out to Leukaemia Research Fund, to:

N.J. Styles

30, The Street,

Garboldisham,

Diss,

Norfolk,

IP22 2RZ.

Please include the address to which you wish the CD to be sent.

I will accept an E-mail or web posting order but obviously need to receive a cheque via Royal Mail.

Before I finish I’d like to thank Jackal for his kind help converting some of the files to a suitable format.

Thanks too, to Richard Ince for unknowingly “lending” me the HTML coding, from his Round The ‘Ring CD, to sort the menu out and to Angus for stealing his little cartoon of Richard’s SR3. 😳 *wink*

I am also grateful to the Carrotland Webmaster Nick Woods for a few leaders and solutions and to Quenton Fyfe and Adam Hay for answering questions I posted up on here.

And obviously, many thanks to Radical for providing the video clips in the first place.

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need to produce another couple of these in the next few days.

Does anyone want to add themselves to the list?

It's a lot easier to do a batch than doing them in ones or twos.

All monies to NTL.

Cheers,

Nifty.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬