Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Type 9 'box for sale

Gambo

Funny That that's all I thought they were worth, but when I was ordering my new Box the guy I was buying it said I "should get about 300-350 " for it. If it's only worth a few bob i'll just keep it. Out of interest Pete, what exhaust manifold are you running on your VX?

Oh no I'm coming down with another bout of upgradeitus!

i'm currently stuck with the caterham manifold. primaries are all over the shop. Problem is I just priced up a SBD manifold £1080.00+VAT and carriage 😳 😳.I have drawing from QED for the correct length/diameter for primaries /secondary and main pipe for a 4/2/1 but I need somebody who can make one up without needing the car. the genral concencus after speaking to various people who build exhausts, is that a manifold should cost around £450 -£550 + VAT for a stainless. But I have know idea what the quality is like.

P.S even steve thinks the manifold is a little dear after this years price increase. 😳

Oh no I'm coming down with another bout of upgradeitus!

BLATTANT RIP OFF if you ask me, but the quality is pucker, i have had exhasuts made before (like the one previous) which covered 43 miles only *mad* Who ever makes it NEEDS the car as no two identical cars are the same. *confused*

Quite a few of us are running the sbd system, and have bitten the bullit but no one regrets this in the long term, as the saying goes you get what you pay for, and have you ever wondered what it costs to have a system made for a DFV Cosworth ???? *thumbup*

Support the 7 Society...... Ehhh?

no two identical cars are the same

Hmmmmm......surely they are *confused* Unless they aren't identical.

BTW - I recall some F1 trivia that said Williams F1 manifolds are £16K each(2 per car). They also have special thin walled qualifying manifolds that get binned after each qualifying session.

Accumulating bits for the Super-Busa. . . Anyone got a spare 3.14 diff???

Couldn't resist it . . . . it's either replying to posts on Blatchat or attacking a HUUUUUUUUGE pile of paperwork - expenses, tax, etc. etc. It's all come at once (well over 6 months or so actually, but I have to do it now ☹️).

Anyway . . . . Gambo is trying to sell a gearbox 😳

Accumulating bits for the Super-Busa. . . Anyone got a spare 3.14 diff???