Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Vx 2.0 xe engine

C7JFM

Well, for the complete engine, with throttle bodies,dry sump equipment, ECU and engine loom, all ancillaries, but excluding the exhaust system, 'cause the one on the 21 just wont fit a Seven, I suppose that the figure I had in mind would be ITRO £4K -as I said "Not a giveaway", but when you spec. up the engine at cost, it will come out over double that! But, if my wife asks, I never said that, OK?

Could you mail me with precise specsquestion.gif I'm particularly interested in the ECU and throttle body type (everything else seems in order!). If it checks out, I might interested, but the usual caveats apply (like once I've spoken to Blatgirl, it could turn out that I am, in fact, dreaming.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

OK, it'll be from memory because my engine file is at home.

It was built up by SBD [but don't talk to Arnie for too long aobut them...] incorporating Omega pistons, modified con rods, balanced crank, lightened flywheel, alloy front pulley, Group A valves, modified head, SBD high lift cams of course, Pace scavenge pump, small Suzuki alternator, Lumination TBs, MBE ECU, open timing belt and a few other bits and bobs that I can't remember. I've got a Dyno plot too, which shows 246bhp at around 7250 or so and 181 lbs/ft/ at 6750. In real road driving it pulls like a train from around 2k, with real power coming around 3500, and BIG power between 5000 - 7750. It's also reasonable economical, driven sensibly, I suppose between 25-30mpg, but this can easily be reduced to the high teens with spirited accerleration etc. Still far better than a X/F though.

is this the sort of power unit you had in mind?