Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Dry Sump bell tank bottom plate

robmar

nope *smile*

I would like to get some measurments and dimensions so I can look at getting one made with a proper drain plug in it, to assist in getting everythign out during oil changes *thumbup*

I would just prefer not to have to take mine off *eek*

rob *smile*

• Leadership Team

Surely you can get the dimensions from under the car? It's a very basic plate and stands proud anyway - a suitable plug would need to be recessed like the attachment bolts otherwise you'd probably do an unwanted oil change whilst blatting *eek*

I have a dry sump belltank sat in my garage if the dimensions of the bottom hole are any help? I don't have the bottom plate so I'd also be interested in sorting a drain version.

Stu.

Stuart - that was my next alternative, but just thought this might be easier...

I also think it needs to be a little thinker so there is enough thread for the drain plug to bit into IYSYIM

I am guessing the measurement form the bell tank should be consistent, so if you could measure them that would be great

ideally I need the obvious length and width, plus also the position and sizes of the holes needed for the bolts...

rob *thumbup*

• Leadership Team

I'll see what I can measure up tomorrow *thumbup*

The plate could be made thicker by creating a step in the outer (upper) edge to enable a section of the plate to fit into the bottom of the belltank hole - the excess thickness would be on the inside of the tank rather than suspended beneath the car, and would make negligeable difference to the oil capacity. Thickness would need to be in the region of 10mm?

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Rob, if you get a chance to get under the car, could you let me know how thick the standard bottom plate is, and how much extra is exposed of the bolt heads? Obviously this would ideally be the maximum level that a drain plug would be at?

Stu.

Rob, do you still need dimensions. I have only seen this thread. V7's in bits at the mo. I could easily measure up anything you need. Best to email or call as I'm rarely in the WANTED section. Brings back memories of the posters put up around town when I was on the run. *wink*

P.S. I will make you a bracket as promised. In possession of ali again.