Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Line Lock

Anthony

Guys, whilst I am waiting on rollers being re-indexed, I have been side tracked with the line lock.

Where does it go please ?

Those who have got them, what do you leave in place under the car to spoof the MOT man ( if anything )

Me - I would like to take the whole lot out...( before Mike gets there I know I burnt my fingers literally on the handbrake cable...)

Thanks A

I used Demon Tweeks' mechanical one and mounted it on the chassis side by my right knee. It lies flat when open so doesn't get in the way. Assuming you want to use it for burnouts rather than a handbrake, you can either plumb it in to lock the front circuit or lock out the rear circuit - I chose to lock out the rear. The benefit of this is that IMO you can control a burnout better. Why? Well because when the car starts pulling sideways - as it will due to some torque effect *confused*, you can ease off the front brakes and roll it forward whilst still burning. This stops the back from coming round too far.

Why should an MOT man, or even woman, care about a line lock???

Accumulating bits for the Super-Busa. . . Anyone got a spare 3.14 diff???

• Leadership Team

If you fit a line lock in the circuit coming from the master cylinder, it will in no way affect the handbrake performance. Why not just leave trhe handbrake in situ specifically for the MOT *confused*

Stu.