Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack wheel speed sensor - I broke the connector

Shaun_E

• Support Team

While pulling my car to pieces I have inadvertantly pulled the wire out of the connector for the wheel speed sensor. The connector is near the dashboard end of the cable and comes apart one way as a four pin plug. Unfortunatley I pulled the other side of the connector and the cable came out revealing a small capacitor and 2 blanking pins at the back of the connector and a pair of wires (1 white, 1 black). I will contact Stack tomorrow, but if anyone has any ideas on how I could fix this then please let me know.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

RS sell the plugs if Stack are reluctant to help.

They are ITT Mini Sure Seal. You need to order either a male plug or female socket in 2, 3 or 4 way. For example 2 way plugs are 341-2967. You also need pins and sockets which come separately. Reasonably priced too.

Easy to crimp with a pair of pliers and easy to insert with a small flat screwdriver, warming the rubber body with a hot air gun makes insertion even easier, a real doddle.

• Support Team

Have spoken to Stack who will repair for me (£50) or replace complete sensor and wiring (£105), neither of which I really want to do. They were kind enough to tell me which wires go in which pin position. The pins are 1 and 4 which have a capacitor across them so I could solder the wires to the legs of the capacitor. This would be an OK solution but not perfect.

I have checked on RS web site and found the connectors and the pins so will order them and give it a try.

Yellow SL *cool* #32