Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Alternator 2.0 16v XE

Duffy

The alternator that I am running at the moment is to big.. I have herd that there is one u can buy from a 1.0 Diatsu.. which is very small and does the job fine. does any body know of the exact car that it comes from....

thanks

D Duffield

You've pretty much answered the question already.

1.0 Daihatsu Charade.

Other alternatives include :

Suzuki Swift

The diddy Bedford Rascal / Suzuki vans

Rover 200 (latest type)

The latter hasn't been 100% verified but Blatman has taken a look at one and noted how compact it was. I'm off to a few scrappies over the next few weeks to source one myself.

Evenin' Nick wink.gif

All correct. He's good.........

I'm still yet to verify the size of the latest alternator on Rover 200's. There probably aren't too many at the scrappies yet, and I'm just too lazy to go to my local factors, stand in the inevitable queue, and ask hypothetical questions of a technical nature to an uninterested "Saturday boy" blush.gif

Morning Blatman,

Like I said, some research around the local scrapyards will hopefully bear fruit (or alternators). I'll let you know what I find out, and whether there are any other possibilities out there.

Nick

I can vouch for the Rascal van one being the one to go for. Some may look similar in shape and size but weigh more. The Rascal one weighs just under 3kg and is easier to find in breakers than a Daihatsu.

John

I can vouch for the Suzuki alternator. I've been using one on my XE for the last 4 years and it works a treat. Don't know which particular model it came out of, as my local dealer pulled a dead one out from under the bench and I had it repaired.

The front pulley had to be changed for a samller V belt so that higher revs didn't kill it too quickly. Anyway worked for me, hope you find the same.