Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil

Tony Whitley

Cribbed from another motoring site: direct quote. I believe "binnies" may be "refuse collection engineers" *tongue*

The story goes.... Spend Wed afternoon doing a basic service on my wifes ZX TD. Emptied dead/dirty oil back into container the new oil came in, so lid could be sealed.

Today is bin day, so on the off chance the binnies would take the oil, I left the oil next to the rubbish bag..It was in a Castrol GTD bottle, not hidden, 5ltrs of black old oil... The binnies decided they would take it......Now the problem....Parked outside my house NEXT to the ass end of the bin lorry was parked my BRAND new car. Still shining from my previous loving,polishing,buffing etc etc etc.....

The bin man decided to crush the rubbish, inc the 5L bottle of oil....Bang !

Knock on the door.." er mate, did you leave oil ouside yer 'ouse?", " Yes mate, but I understand if you cant take it.", another guy comes from behind the truck, head to toe in oil !!!!!

" oh F*** " thinks me." Never mind me mate" says no1, " Look at yer mota"...eyes turn........ From roof to tyre, where silver paint gleamed was OIL !! My whole car covered in oil!!

I washed it, washed it, washed it, steam cleaned it, hot waxed, washed it, and finally T-Cut and polish. The oil was everywhere, in the door pillars, dripping inside the boot lid, wheels, windows, mirrors the Fcukin lot.

Now clean and parked in my garage, my only worry is the window rubber, as when opening the window..do it up and it smears, so more cleaning may be needed!!!

Moral of the story....Get the wife to take the car to a garage and shag the mech, cos its easier than wasting a day cleaning sh*t of your pride and joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

M1 7 SMW 1.4-now-1.8K Mem.No. 10376 Picture here 😬

Edited by - Tony_Whitley on 4 Oct 2004 13:13:11