Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I still have a job

Debert

In my sleepy headed way i nearly committed resignation this morning 😳

Yakkin with Mav & MM on MSN i was doing some remote server maintenance, checking status after last nights updates.

I then chose "shutdown" instead of "logout" *eek*... but luckilly i spotted this error *thumbup*

The stupid bit *thumbdown* was instead of hitting the "cancel" button *confused* i clicked "ok" *mad*

Boss was not in a good mood, but appreciated the fact i went and told him straight away, instead of trying to hide it

Waiting for the insurance company to get their finger out *mad*

See Barbarella (what's left of her) here...

I had a similar moment last year *wink*

I'm responsible for a Cisco Call Manager cluster (among many other things...) running the telephony for our European operation. The cluster consists of two W2K servers.

This works well as we can perform maintenance on one server without affecting service for the users.

During one of these maintenance 'escapades' I had two terminal windows open, one to each server, performing maintenance to one. Time came for the usual Windows reboot so I selected start -> shutdown. I looked away at that point (probably to answer a stupid question from a user) and when I looked back I noticed that the terminal window was still ther, so I clicked start -> shutdown again. I then realised that this was the OTHER terminal window which was open on the OTHER server in the two server cluster!

OOPS! 😳

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Help send special optical leaches.......

I see loads of words but they mean nuffin, nowt , diddly dip,, Bu$$er all

Now I've used the leaches I can see the light

< see what a good oppourtunity this is with a marketting genu behind it>

Buy into the leach Comapny now contact my first levelers (no this is not a pyramid )

Either RoSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS or Mr P.Davis Esq......

For all other oppourtunities contact Master Caravaner who will advise me of the money making potentials

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

I've now got some fun software called WiFiFoFum that spends it's time searching for open hotspots as I walk around with the pda in my pocket. If I can get it working with my satnav it'll even draw me a map *thumbup*

Steve, I thought that The Cloud was usually chargable, the one I've found looks like it may just be in a nearby house. Still bandwidth is bandwidth *thumbup*

Supercheese R250

good stuff Paul

Have you got Avantgo on your PDA?

there is channel on there that lets (JiWire hotspot locator) you type in an address and it lets you know local hot spots. Though I dont think it will list many free ones, or peoples own that they have forgotten to lock down!

I'll be interested to hear how the WiFiFoFum works you.. I find my PDA normally pops up to say its found a network as your driving/ walking along anyway. (LOADS in Oban strangely!!).

anyway, how come you can afford to buy all these toys seeing as your un-employable at the moment?? THe rent boy business must be going well, though I thought Rossss had the market cornered...

You lot are talkin gobbledegook

WTF is a WiFiFoFum or a JiWire hotspot locator or The Cloud 🤔

Get back to leech-speak *tongue*

Rrrrrrrrossssssssssssssssssssss

THE

Sssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssnot!!! 😬

TOO BUSY BLATTING NOW!!! 😬 😬 😬

I'd need to appoint an IT manager at that point,

usual routeen , send me a cheque and the jobs yous.

At this rate I'll need an HR manager, could this business be expanding to fast that I've got giddy and lost the focus on profit instead of headcount

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!