Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

any more ideas

excess baggage

Car (1700 supersprint) is booked in for RK to upgrade to SS+. This involves new valve guides and seats, forged pistons and mapped ignition. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other tweaks that won't cost too much while this is being done?

BTW Murphy, before you suggest it, forget it, I DO NOT WANT a VX engine!

Gary

I second those comments. Roger is the expert and will make suggestions as a matter of course. A lightened balanced bottom end may be one of the things he suggests as may tufriding of the crank. He will probably also advise on how to give the engine longevity.

Gary,

I agree with Andrew. RK re-bored mine x/flow to 1800c and the cost was minmimal compared to the rest.

Any ideas.... how about a new exhaust after Saturday?

BTW are the tonneaus still for sale as I haven't has a reply from your 'for sale' thread

Chris Alston

Se7ening - it's all miles and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Now why would I suggest a Vx when mine's a K?

Was this planned before Le Sept? How much more power are you aiming for?

I'd certainly suggest you get a new exhaust system. That straight through pipe you're currently using ain't gonna do you any good.

Have you got adjustable suspension yet? That'd be worth doing if not.

Other than that, a year's supply of ear plugs or perhaps put cash aside for a few sets of tyres - you're going to need them!

Now Mr Dent. I never mentioned *excessive* noise. I wasn't the one insisting on the Supertrapp after all smile.gif - did you ever buy that?

We all know there is no such thing as excessive noise when it sounds as nice as Mr EB's did (long live the x-flow).

What he really needs is lessons on pushing beyond the limits of adhesion. And these lessons come for free teeth.gif. I have video tutorials if anyone's interested.