Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Scottish Shed Meet? BTT for Myles & thinfourth &Delbert

rossybee

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyhows, back (ahem) on topic, can I get a rough idea of numbers, and I can lean on Lawrence for more details...

Although he'll prolly post it upstairs *thumbup*

Rrrrrrrrossssssssssssssssssssss

THE

Sssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssnot!!! 😬

Sent LH an email, his response was:

It’s SIDC day, contact is John Stewart

john DOT stewart@logic-oil.com

Hi all,

Just to say that we've successfully managed to book Knockhill for an afternoon session, which will be our last of the year.

The date is Saturday 23rd October, and we've booked the track from 2pm to 5pm (it gets dark around then!). Depending on the light on the day, this may change from 1:45 to 4:45, so please turn up early!

Usual format of a few warm up laps to start with, then an open pit lane.

Wheels Around will be there to help with wheel/tyre swaps, slick/road tyre rental/purchase, storage of stuff whilst you are out on track etc.

Bargain price of only £45 for SIDC members, and £50 for non-members.

Booking as always is on-line at here,

and please note that non-members entry is on the 2nd page (you'll also notice we have Bedford booked for the 26th February, for those who want to try a different track - there will be a group of us travelling down from Scotland for this one!)

Some of you will also notice that we're holding the SIDC AGM afterwards in the media centre. We'll have the whole committee here for this event so you can chat to them, ask questions, scare them around the track etc ;-)

The AGM will only be open to current SIDC members, though as always, you can join on-line or on the day. Afterwards, there will be some refreshments arranged in Edinburgh (beers and curry!!)

Hope to see lots of you there.

Best Regards

John

PS I'll be on holiday the week before this event, so please remember to send me your car make, model, registration no and colour as soon as you have booked up, so I have all the info to hand.

50 squids ain't too shabby...

Just noticed - non members is on the second page

THE

Edited by - rossybee on 27 Sep 2004 23:43:07

and some more folk from Scottingland are heading for Beford in the New Year

Will a newly acquired R400 be towed behind a newly acquired RS6 by a newly acquired chauffeur be coming to civilisation with the owner asleep on the back seat *confused*

Paul

PS don't try to ply your trade in Bedford itself (not really near the track) as it has a well established red light district which is controlled by the local Italians (AKA Mafia) and they'd leave you with a more radical vasectomy and an ability to sing soprano & never go bald 😬

Supercheese R250

So:

So far we have Oi Oi, Neil and Delbert as possibles *thumbup*

All the info you need up *arrowup* ther 😬

Has the added bonus of being an afternoon sesh, cos I'm pubbing it the night before - getting thrown oot cos missus is having a Virgin Vie party (bit like an Ann Summers but with out the dildos 😳) in the hoose *cool*

THE

"bit like an Ann Summers but with out the dildos" that's what she told you, what she didn't say is that they have boys, boys with big willies, nay, men the huge willies, 6 inches, not in length but wide *tongue* You'll never seem to be adequate after they've shown Mrs B what is possbible with surgery and a real set of testosterone.

Zip, thud, thud

Paul 😬

Supercheese R250

ok, need to check how work is looking for that weekend.

and I hadn't realised it's only a half day.... though that means I could head up that morning rather than the night before.. I'll ponder if over.

the 26th feb does sounds very interesting... The Bedford track is very good. HUGE run off. Just right for both an R400 AND an RS6...

Woah neil!

Cool the jets!

RS6 is a maybe!!!

Might go the sensible route & go for summat like a 530d Sport Touring (you've a 540 Touring dontcha?) which I can get at the right money *cool*

THE

😬 *cool*

I do admit that the 530d does look interesting. and the new 535d even more so. It sounds like it offers 95% of the performance of the 545 whilst using about 70% of the fuel.

I can't afford to change my 540i for a few years yet, but by that time 535ds should be on the 2nd hand market at good prices. I'm very happy with my current 5. And glad I held out to find a manual gear box one. I dont' do too much town driving and really like the 6spd box. Though I think that with the 535d I might have to go auto as manuals will be even rarer!

The one I have my eye on is an E39, 2002 model, which my brother has owned since new. *thumbup*

I therefore know its full history (have driven it on plenty occasions), and that it's never been in a shunt. *wink*

That is a major plus point for me, for obvious reasons.

Also, I find that the very torquey nature of that engine, mated to an efficient autobox, makes for easy, relaxed, and reasonable rapid progress *cool*

Exactly the opposite of a 7 *cool*

Perfect partners?

THE