Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon side-screens

Marius

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's rich from you Planemaker - The biggest shoulder chip on Blatchat.

The point I was making is that I'm a banker - that doesn't qualify me to advise or have any expertise on aviation mortgages.

What's an engineer?

I'm not having a dig. There's just no point in having an assessment unless:

A)It's by someone suitably qualified & experienced

B) It's of a sample indicative of the product range as a whole

• Leadership Team
A)It's by someone suitably qualified & experienced

B) It's of a sample indicative of the product range as a whole

I think we're all aware that Joachim and other suppliers understand that pretty well *thumbup*

Making the statement suggests you may have more engineering knowledge than you give yourself credit for *cool*

Stu.

Quote "Arnie, Joachim,

If you would like an objective comparison of your products, I will offer the services of our laboratories. If you send me some samples (ideally cut from a real component), I will publish the results..."

Suggests that the person making the offer knows about the necessity to test a representative sample in an objective manner. Engineers (those who have training and/or expertise in applied science and mathematics appropriate to materials, construction, electrical or manufacturing installations, if this is a reasonable enough definition for you) undergo a good deal of training in this area. Scientists likewise spend a lot of time querying whether the results of their measurements are valid, it's a central plank of scientific reasoning.

and quote "Making the statement suggests you may have more engineering knowledge than you give yourself credit for"

Quite.

only just found this thread, was actually interested in some half doors/integral passenger cover to go with SLR cage as i'm reliably informed the aerodynamics are worth real time when racing- and i really need to go faster 😬

however, it's been so entertaining i almost forgot what i was looking for

jerry

Twig

See you outside in Ginza. Or Roppongi.

:)

Hope Diana and the kids are well. I'l drop you a note to let you know when I'm back (which will be brief).

Scuffnut

PS To all those expecting something more exciting, I apologise. I did just cut myself on some paper though, so I can tell you that Angus is on to a hiding to nothing with his materials.

Jerry - somewhere in the 10 pages Joachim said they would be doing some half doors for the SLR cage, at least the latest caged one *thumbup*

or do you mean a cf version of the aluminum cover that the euro racers /r400 use that covers the passenger area totally 🤔

rob *smile*

Edited by - robmar on 1 Oct 2004 17:18:37

rob

actually a combination of both

ideally i'd like a drivers side half door that bolts on the outside of my (caged) SLR cage as my dodgy wrist makes it very difficult to cope with belts with the half-door inside

something euroracer-ish but removable would be good as it's still road legal and used as such when not on track

jerry

What an ammusing read this one is......

I agree with everyone who thinks that EFA is shooting a big hole in his foot with this one, and I haven't even seen what he's posted, since he deleted all of his posts! *confused* I've personally got no desire to give him any of my money for Carbon bits!

Anyway...... does anyone have a busted DITP wing or nosecone or anything? If so, how about sending a bit off to Maranello for some testing 😬

You never know EFA, if this is some fantastic process and if it really does make Ferrari desperate to get hold of it, maybe they'll bung you enough that you won't need to work anymore...... and if your concerned about IP rights etc, when you've made umpteen millions from this fantastic new method, buy a 2005 Ferrari and see what the composites are made of... and then sue them 😬

This must be the mother of all threads!!!!!

Very amusing, interesting, educational and I am so glad I am not really involved!!!

(Also genuinely hope nobody's business comes to any real harm and that we all get the opportunity to choose between carbon component retailers/manufacturers when the time comes!!!!)

Good luck to everyone......

Firmly sat on fence with no strong opinions on this one! *cool*

S5 SVN

Trying to get down to 6 points!