Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Carbon side-screens

Marius

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humm nice website EFA.......... i click and i click and none of the links seem to work .....do you have nothing on the market ?

It seems that Jochim does and i have never seen him pick holes in other people , maybe with your new business venture you might learn how to conduct yourself in forums .......... people such as Ammo and jochim provide info about things they have on the market in a friendly and non arogant manner.

I have found over the years of reading blatchat that there are people who offer advice and help here ,and people who love to read there own words ........... i think you can see where you fit .

People who slag the oposition rarely in business end up with loyal happy customers , so a few words of advice .........keep a low profile and be helpful when ASKED and you will do ok

Continue to shout your mouth off and you will not win any friends , and its nicer doing business with friendly people.........

thanks ...Harv

So, will "Activa" actually be doing carbon half doors? If so, what will the retail cost be and when will they be available?

I followed another thread about CF recently, and it just served to confuse me. Seeing as we aren't talking about structural components here, I can't really see the advantage of paying loads of money for F1 spec parts (apart from the pub boasting stakes, which appear to be of paramount importance to some people *cool*).

I would be prepared to pay more than (e.g. twice) the cost of fibreglass for parts that weigh significantly less than fibreglass AND are resistant to stonechips without additional guards or armourfend-type stuff.

Am I asking for "the moon on a stick"?

@all

Everybody who oblige to spend £ 5 to Leukema Research I send for free a sample of our produced carbon/glass/glass product for self testing!

Here we break a sample this morning

MOG Workshop Tour

New MOG 400

@EFA

You phoned with Freisinger and Joest?

You wrote that you can do side skins for 80 Pound? Can you show us these? Or do you only build castles in the air?

Why are you now cheap and early with DITP so expensive? Somebody understand that? 😬

Regards

Joachim

mog-racing.com

Edited by - Joachim on 27 Sep 2004 11:56:54

Arnie, Joachim,

If you would like an objective comparison of your products, I will offer the services of our laboratories. If you send me some samples (ideally cut from a real component), I will publish the results here on Blatchat and in Low flying. I will e-mail you the address to send the samples to.

Paul

I would like to use this type of door on my full cage.

However, the idea of doing so is losing it's appeal as I am heartily sick of EFAs constant moaning and slagging off anyone elses products when he hasn't any of his own yet.

If a product is good, the word gets around very quickly. The reverse also being true, with bad news generally travelling faster.

Let the product and market speak for itself *thumbup*

I for one will never buy anything off Activa Carbons, I find EFA attitude childish and he comes across as being very jealous of MOG's success.

His only sales pitch seems to be to criticise everyone else's products but never even mentions his own *confused* (does he actually have any?) he has none, or a very small, customer base and seems to be relatively new to Carbon manufacture, yet he speaks as if he invented the stuff!!

He also starts his own threads bragging up his future products, while Joachim leaves it to his satisfied customers!!

EFA, as previously mentioned in this thread if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing!! You’re just driving people away from your business with your attitude!!

I could be totally missing the point but there are generally only three reasons people by CF stuff

1. Weight saving

2. It looks cool

3. Strength (not generally applicable in a 7)

I don't think most people care how it's made, what it's made from etc as long as it meets which ever of those criteria they care about most. Therefore the chances are they will buy from the cheapest place that meets the criteria that is most important to them.

All this on forum "it's not made properly" arguing seems like a bit of a waste of time as it's probably not going to matter to most people only the people involved in the manufacturing!

I can understand people wanting to defend their product in a public forum though.

Cheers

Rob G

PS As a low budget racer I'm not going to be buying any CF from anyone in the near future!! 😬

Rob G

www.SpeedySeven.com

In business if you can be First to Market then this is an ideal position. However this can be overcome if you are late to market and can prove that your product is significantly better in terms of performance for the same price.

Whilst I don't condone any of Arnie's actions it is quite obvious that as his products for caterham are late to Market, in order to make a significant dent in Market Share he has to prove that his products are €/£ per €/£ better in all areas.

Now this is the sad part, unfortunately he is using a club resource to talk up his business and take offence to so called "technical misrepresenation" from someone who is constantly first to market.

I'd rather you both took your banter elsewhere, if you can't then please confirm:-

1. What are the atributes that make your product better per €/£.

2. What the hell difference does it make in terms of the application on a Caterham.

Edited by - One day soon on 27 Sep 2004 15:47:09

@Paul

I answered to your mail and it makes me proud sending tomorrow a sample to Maranello.

Thank you very much!

@robmar / @ woolly

Rollcage part Please ask me next week again. At Saturday an Austria Customer take a set and he fit it to a car with the new cage. He has not the old which is fit on my own car.

@ rgrigsby

I update the weights tomorrow because we forgot to weight the cheaper polyester / fibre glass parts. Tomorrow we cut the next and then I will bring the weight. The carbon + carbon/Kevlar are 300 gr.

@ Arnie

It is a little bit curious how similar we are.

Joost the Dutch wrote it appropriate!

1) We both decrease for the moment. (Me from 92 to 79 so I save 5 BHP)

2) We both have companies who produce composite parts.

3) We both drive Caterhams with higher-than-average powered C20XE

4) We both think about sell our cars.

5) Nobody buys our cars because JPE Fakes.

6) We both are fans from Swindon Engines

7) We both like to provoke. 😬

8) We both like to write in Seven Forums

9) We both have a lot of Caterham Friends

10) We both like Oldtimer and not the Radicals

But I am to be led it for over 15 years used a larger company with many employees and a calculating learned!

I heard that you own now a company. Yes 7-wolrd is small.

What do you before? You know something about own companies? Because I think that you drink in the morning and than it still not work!

Very interesting are your descriptions!

“I now essentially own the company which made the carbon for DITP. This means I own the autoclave, ovens, pattern shop and run the payroll hence I decide what I sell to end users and for how much. As it is EX WORKS this means I do not have to feed 2 other parties in the supply chain as you do, hence my customers get better value.”

In such a way I ask myself, how someone who was not able to negotiate favourable prices for its club comrades, thinks, that he can manage a company.

Better. After he sells the overpriced wings to his club comrades he buys the company because this company was so profitable that they go bankruptcy.

And Arnie now grow to a businessman reduce the price because he is now the owner and only he decide the prices. Better you send your business ideas to the Muppet show!

*confused*

Regards

Joachim

mog-racing.com

Edited by - Joachim on 27 Sep 2004 16:41:16

I just looked at some pictures on the MOG racing website.

Arnie, Is your issue with them anything to do with the fact that they appear to make fibreglass wings, add a cosmetic layer of carbon and sell them as "carbon fibre"?

From a layman's POV that's what the photos look like...

I would think that 'RichardinFrance' is quietly getting on with producing some half-doors of high quality and laughing his socks off at these two 😬 😬

Seriously though, I would like them subtly front hinged for easy access (bra-style), to avoid climbing through the cage top--any takers/thoughts from anyone else.............. *thumbup*