Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Looking for X/Flow or Zetec engine

yusan

My complete Crossflow engine/gearbox installation will be available in November, this includes:

175bhp Roger King engine on Lucas Ign & Weber 45s (low miles, complete history known & can be verified)

Complete dry sump system with big oil cooler

Ally bell housing

AP 7.25" twin plate racing clutch on a skeleton flywheel

5 speed Quaife S/C gearbox

It's a nice install, fully aeroquipped, pretty much everything has been rebuilt/renewed recently(i.e. this year) & it goes very well indeed. This is a video taken a couple of weeks ago.

Accumulating bits . . .

More detail.....

Engine was built by Roger King in 1996 - it has a proper RK engine number and he has the details. The spec is commercial info so I don't know the exact details such as cam, etc. It was by ROger to his 170+ spec but when it was set up it made 175bhp.

The engine has the new design Accralite pistons(i.e. you can get rings if need be, you can't for the older design), std crank(i.e. not steel - this is as far as you can safely take the std crank). Everything is on std diameter - i.e. crank, bore, etc. and it's never been robored & nothing's ever been reground. The head is described as 'ultimate spec' and would not need any work if a full steel upgrade was decided upon (which is what I was contemplating before I got a Hayabusa engine). It's running twin Weber 45 carbs which have a big Pipercross filter (I have weber filters and ITG back plates if you prefer). Ignition is by Lucas (the high energy type - forgotten proper name 😳). It's dry sumped with a nice bespoke oil tank and a big cooler that is mounted under the steering rack. Oil pipes are all aeroquipped (very expensive to replace). The engine was stripped and fully checked (by me) at the start of 2004 and rebuilt with the best gaskets, new bolts, etc. It doesn't leak anything from anywhere. The only thing that needed doing when I stripped it was the valves needed re-seating. The last owner had used unleaded with no additives so the valve seats were slightly pitted (the head can not be fitted with unleaded seats as the porting is so extreme). It'll come with everything minus the radiator and exhaust can. The clutch is a couple of weeks old and has new sintered plates.

What more do you want to know about the engine????

The gearbox is a Quaife s/c unit, rebuilt by R&R at the start of the year. I think it's an overdrive cluster but not sure. Whatever it is, the ratios suit the engine very well.

I hadn't planned on selling it just yet so I'm not sure on a price. To be honest, I wouldn't get this engine unless you wanted to be very competitive in sprints. If you are still interested, I'll have to think about it a bit more.

Accumulating bits . . .

Edited by - AdamHay on 25 Sep 2004 00:21:10

Thank you very much for your reply about detail of your engine.

I am interested in your engine.

I know Roger King very well.

He built my race car's engine in the past Xflow 1700 ClassB Caterham challenge.

That engine was very very good and powerful.

I kept my race car and sold my engine a long time ago.

Now I am looking for an engine to go in.

I do not like VX engine, I was considering Zetec, but still I am not sure, everyone now talking about Duratec engine or bike engine.

My car is too old to take K-Series.

Can I make an offer?

Thank you very much.