Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1989 Seven wanted

gkronberg

🤔

I am looking for a good 7 to bring to OZ.

we have a 15 year import restriction, that allows us to bring in cars over 15years old without all the hassles of our very strict compliance regs. ( ie they dont like indicators under the head lights, we must have 3 wiper blades, not 2 etc etc etc )

I am interested in any 1989 or less 7's . Prefer with clam shells. I dont know when K series came in, but if it was 1989, then that would be good, 2nd choice Opel/Vauxhall, 3rd choice BDA, 4 th choice Kent.

Did Dion come in around 1989 ???

I will look at all conditions, from basket case to show winner

Wasting your time looking for a pre 89 k.

2L Vx, I think so, maybe on an 89.

BDA 3rd choice! Ha ha ha ha, hope you have deep pockets if you want one of those.

Kent - these are for nowt and plentiful, good luck. At this age they are mostly clams and AFAIK DeDion came in around 1986. Choose from 6k UKP upwards depending on condition/spec, happy motoring!

There's one here advertised by our friend in France. If you trawl through all his posts (click on Steve's SPOTTED) I think you'll find it has clamshell wings.

It has been advertised many times on here but is in France which presents a problem to most UK buyers. However I don't imagine it will make much difference to you in Australia where it comes from!

You should be able to get it for a song. You'll see Clare has been in contact but I don't know if it came to anything.

Good luck!

Andrew

☹️

Hi all

Well so far I have seen a lovely BDA, with alloy nose etc, no weather gear etc, its not quite what I want, but a great car.......

Plus a kent Prisoner look a like ....

I have been told a number of early 90's cars were put on the road as much earlier cars ( say a 1979 car) with Q rego ..... is this correct ??? ... then bring them on , there must be a k series or Vauxhall 1992/3 car with 1970' 1980's rego

Please help, and thanks for the replies so far , I am just looking for "THE CAR" ... yeah I know sad is it not .... I should not have sold my 1993 K series , Factory built, Frankfurt show car ...... But ..

Talk to you guys soon ..

I have a friend's 1989 Super Sprint at home [uK] that is likely to be for sale shortly. He is based in Switzerland but this is a UK car currently on SORN.

It is very high spec and has been used extensively both on the road and for racing. It has an all steel dry-sumped 1800cc Phil Parker race engine reputed to be over 190bhp on 48s. It has had a lot of new parts over the last three years and is in very clean condition. Its on cycle wings, has full weather gear and I am just fitting a 5 speed Quaiffe H/duty box in it.

Let me know if this might be of interest and I can email you some more details.

• 2 weeks later...

☹️

Hi all

Still no luck, I had a lead on a nice REBUILT 1980 car , that had Zetec and Dion ( all new chassis I believe)

So far all have been Kent engined Live axle.

Soooooooo...... I will look at ANY car from 70's to Late 80's In bits or a project , rebuilt , incomplete , or complete .

Now I am back to Bathurst ... Go Ford ..

Gavin K

🤔

Hi Trevor, AKA Windbag

I dont believe we have made contact, re the Supersprint you are looking after

Pls email me more info and pics gkronberg@optusnet.com.au

Talk soon

Have a great day

I have an '89 Supersprint with De Dion, 5 Speed, 1700 extensively modified engine, full weather gear ( hi viz ), although you probably dont need that in OZ. Car is all red. Spec is :-

Long cockpit

Removable Momo S/wheel

Flared wings

Spare wheel

Tonneau

FIA roll bar

Leather S seats

14" wheels with goos Yoko 21Rs

Stack Tach timer

Carbon dash, stone guards

Stainless sill protectors

Clifford immobiliser

Engine, Dry sumped, 234 cam, Accralite pistons, Alpha 3D ingition with Wasted spark and fuel sensor, Duplex vernier timing, big valve head ( not unleaded ), roller rockers, 4:1 Stainless side comp exhaust, 40 Webbers, Lightened steel flywheel, Heavy duty clutch, oil cooler.

Shocks replaced 1 yr ago ( spax )

I am looking to upgrade to Vaux hpc

Need £9k GBP

Let me know if interested

Dave B

• Area Representative

Gavin,

Choose the middle icon of the three to the right of the name and you can email the poster.

Looks like you have competition for a 15+ year old car from another chap in Quebec!

Cheers

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

*thumbup*

Yeah , came across that nice BDR before, 14,000 firm , and he was unsure about selling, had another buyer for it, and I had to do the deal real quick, then all of a sudden its on Blatchat, ebay, everywhere . I am a long way away, and its hard to determine what the owner is like or what do they really want, being told one story, then the car is on Hard sell..... anyway it is everything I want , wheels, colour, dion , and BDR .....

Just maybe ......

Hi, I'm in the same boat. Only difference is that here, winter is coming in while your summer is coming in. So I'm not in a big hury to buy.

My target date is to have the car by may 2005. So I'm trying to find as much nice Caterhams for sale as possible. Then maybe a short trip to England in april/may to check the selected cars and bring it back home.

I too like the BDR engine but that yellow one will probably be sold by the time I have my plane ticket ready. ☹️

Edited by - Darth G-F on 16 Oct 2004 19:19:23

Still for sale guys if you want it ,but im absolutely firm on price as before

The car i wanted has unfortunataly fallen thru now , so im not that enthusiastic about selling anymore at a knock down price-ie if i dont get a decent price,then ill upgrade over the winter and spend some more money on it to get it to decent track spec

I have a couple of guys from the ebay auction who are coming for a look at it over the next week ,so well see what the wind blows

Realsitically the chance of buying a car from that distance is rather remote

Regards,Brian

you should contact paul clugston from UK Sports Cars [sales@uksportscars.com] who is a great bloke who sold me the Cosie -he deos a lot of exporting of cars all round the world and will source you anything you fancy -hes an honest injun and wont be beaten on price and wont sell you a lemon and will sort out all the crating and paperwork etc

Regards,Brian

My race car is road registered & UK SVA tested & for sale!

Using a loophole in the regulations it legally uses a 1968 registration (old 'F') plate.

Log book says 'Rebuilt - made from parts' & then 'SVA cert issued 26/03/1999 emissions - visual test only'.

Everything on this car is new (or was in 1999) - it may well get around the problem.

See the ad - or I can send some details if required.

Car could quite easily be converted back to road spec if required.

200bhp injected Vauxhall, Dog Box etc etc....far better than an old xflow!

Simon.