Click here if you are having website access problems ×

samco hoses

Phil

I want to start an account with Samco hoses, I need to spend a lot for stock to start dealing with them.

How many of you want some cheaper hose kits?.

This may include straight hose with different bore sizes etc.

I need I think about 15 people to start with, the hoses will have a carriage charge but will be sent direct to you.

I work for a car accessories company.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR

I'd like some Samco hoses for my K series. Spoke to a few dealers (as on their website) and the best they can manage is 8-10 weeks delivery for Hose kits (from Samco) any colour other then blue. If you want blue then its still 6-8 weeks. OK if you're not in a hurry but I was planning on taking the engine out in the next couple of weeks ☹️

Blue and Carbon 6 Speed Supersport

I want some. Dry sumped K, with a laminova where the heater normally is. I reckon I need:

1. Thermostat to bottom of radiator, with T piece to expansion tank. If the expansion tank hose is included as part of this, then better and better...

2. Thermostat to lamonova (heater)

3. Laminova (heater) to exhaust-side water rail

4. Water rail to top of radiator

What beats me is what Rally Design sell in their 7 hose kit.

I will be needing some pretty soon. Any idea of timescale?

I`ll be needing some for a duratec install......but probably not until the new year as I need to get the engine in to see what I need.........mind you I could get some measurements off someone else who has already done it.

I`m a bit picky on colour though.......can you get Samco hoses in black?

Cheers

Simon

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

I myself have a set of hoses for my car which I had to get from Burton power who were very helpfull but no discount. This hurts as I work for an accessory company as I have said, upon investigating an account set up with samco, I have found that I need £1,000 nett of stock to start with, this is were we hopefully can help each other. As I am new to hoses, I will need internal diameters and hose lengths please and colour.

My set for a wet sump 1700 x/flow was made up of three hoses, top bottom and a length for the heater, if other hoses are needed for dry sumps you need the measurements.

As I said, I am just testing the water at present to find out how much interest there will be. I am based down in bournemouth, if there is anything else I can help you with please ask.

The hoses will be as cheap as possible to get the account.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR

I think you will need more than just internal diameters. Some of the hoses, particularly that called the "submarine" hose on the K is already produced by Samco. To provide them with dimentions willbe tricky at best and something I couldn't do.

If we could just tell them which hoses we want from their stock, wouldn't this help?

Even better, if they could provide us with a catalogue or reference or list of those they already produce for the Caterham, we could just select and pay.

Usless trivia for you. Samco hoses are made in wales about 1/2 mile from my factory. the man who makes the steel templates for the wrapping proccess is next door to me.!

Company name is silflex. although I am not sure, but I think they have an exclusive deal with Samco, cause I tried but failed to get ☹️ some made for my Car.

VX power, 202 ponies and smiles all days long.

I have seen various makes of silicone hose like Race X and Le Mans, they seem to vary in quality, like the amount of renforcement inside or the lack of, Samco hoses are the best for this reason, if you want to hold the pressure, this is way to go.

X/FLOW 1700 DD 1990

ROAD USE ONLY..SO FAR

Bloody hell, yes. Thanks. I had forgotten that the submarine pipe was essentially a 3 part one (your 1, 2 and 7) and completely forgotten about number 6.

Oh well, if this bulk buy doesn't happen, I am quite happy with the price Rally Design quote so I may go there.

I'm prepared to wait a couple of weeks for this to come about first though.

Cheers Dave. *thumbup*