Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Confirmed Calendar for 2005 - Updated 21/12/04

Silver 21

Richard - can't you enter both *confused*

BB *thumbup*

David - I am sure the missus will understand *tongue*

Mark - I would be happy to go back to Harewood, as long as the weather is slightly better *smile*

Wolly - if you the marathon quickly maybe you can get back for the last timed run 😬

rob *smile*

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Longcross (april layout) - as I remember it goes like this:

Start straight; probably about 1/4 mile and dead level. (water splash near the end if it's been raining)

90 degree right immediately into >90 degree left (big puddles if raining!)

Now going slightly uphill into sweeping right (this bit is the start of "the snake" - through the trees so don't fall off)

Open left

Huge sweeping right which seems to go on forever

Big drop downhill - quite easy to get airborne here... even I have

Immediate open left on landing

Open right, about 90 degrees

Slight left (out of the snake now)

Hairpin left by pits area (spin here and everyone sees you)

Banked track section sweeping left (right foot down and hold on)

"Bus top" Chicane at end of banked section

Almost straight blast to finish line.

Total run time about 2 minutes (dry) or 2.5 (wet)in my 115bhp K

Longcross allow a course walk and do a two lap convoy though, so plenty of time to check my memory *smile*

R

Graham,

Fantastic organisation (creep, creep..) but I have a couple of requests:

1. It so happens that the Longcross date (fantastic - somewhere within a couple of hours of home *thumbup*)is one that falls on the same day that takes me even further into the SAGA Sevens (ie my birthday) so I want you to instruct all the other people in my class (whatever that is!!) to

let me win 😬

2. On checking the dates it looks like LeMans 2005 is over the w/e18th/19th June. If I am right, can you please try and make MIRA the 25th June? Mind you, as I always seem to have done badly there it really doesn't matter if I do it or not.

See you at BH on Sat I hope.

Mike

• Area Representative

Graham,

If you have the choice, I would also prefere MIRA to be scheduled for the 25th June. I'm scheduled to work the previous weekend.

Infact, I'm scheduled to work over both Curborough weekends, and the only events I can definately enter are Llandow,"Midlands venue?", Loton Park and Aintree ☹️ ☹️ (unless you can swing MIRA to the 25th please,please *smile* *smile*)

Mike & Richard

Unfortunately I am in MIRA's hands when it comes to dates for next year, I will see if they will make it the 25th but cannot guarentee anything 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2005 Speed Championship - 12 Events and Growing *cool*

Just had Harewood say they cannot do the 7th August as they already have the grads there on that day and feel the day would be dominated with Caterhams.

The only other date that fits is Sun 17th September , The week after Wiscombe, I feel this would be too much for some people, or we go for the 27th March as the first event of the season, a bit early cold and wet for a lot of people!!

Graham

Competition Secretary

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 13 Oct 2004 10:26:39

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 13 Oct 2004 10:28:58

Dave

As you are aware I cannot guarentee that all entries will be accepted, thats the way it goes with invited events. I would think we would be looking at 25 - 30 entries as a max, which is all we had at Wiscombe this year.

Graham

Competition Secretary

Dave

At most invited events its on a purely first come first served basis, only at selected venues do they pick and choose, the ones that spring to mind are: Prescott, Shelsley, Loton and possibly Harewood as these venues are usually oversubscribed at every event.

The sad fact is that there are not enough venues that people want to compete at to cope with the amount of people competing and the situation can only get worse not better ☹️ ☹️ ☹️ ☹️

Graham

Competition Secretary