Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Conversation overheard in pub

D.Cameron

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently over heard a conversation in a North Whales pub where the particpants seemed to be knowledgable players of your game. I was somewhat flabberghasted at this line of discussion:

"During a recent discussion [shunting] talk turned, as it so often does , to sub atomic physics and how the world is held together with string. Well - it seems this string has to be tied in about 11 dimensions. So far so boring but Apparently the reason that we cannot see these dimensions is that they are hidden IN FINE TUBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone knows that the circle line is a mobius loop but could string theory explain the beings from another dimension on the Amersham Bakerstreet move? Does this explain the Kensington anomoly? Could being "in nip" be more serious than we imagined? Or is it a load of Cockfosters? "

Can you please spread some light on this matter. Can the use of sub-atomic Fine Tubes really replace the sunday-back-gambit rule?

yours,

Intrigued of North Wales

the sunday back gambit rule, as far as I recall, can only be used when two or more of the players have passed on fothergills abreviated agenda, a somewhat disputed move but then again a fine one when played on or around london bridge.