Click here if you are having website access problems ×

alloy dry sump for x-flow

graham bass

This is a long shot but has anyone got an alloy dry sump pan for a 711m x-flow for sale or perhaps know where I might source one before I cut to the chase and buy new *confused*

Mine is currently a rough fabricated steel item with centre scavenge and whilst the engine is out and stripped it makes sense to change it for something more substantial.

Here's hoping they're not as rare as half doors

Cheers

Graham

I've not seen an ally one? I'm sure you'll be able to get one if you pay enough but it seems a bit pointless. At least if you hit the steel one it can be welded easily (yes so can ally but it's more expensive).

Why not just get the front and bottom of the steel sump reinforced so it'll take a knock or two and forget about it. If I was doing mine again, I'd have got a skid welded on the front of the trough as the squared edge digs into potholes rather than riding over them.

Accumulating bits . . .

Adam thanks for the reply.

My sump appears to have been fabricated as opposed to bought and looks a little rough though it is oil tight!

But from your brief description yours may well be the same which sort of makes me think it isn't?

Have you any pics of yours?

Mine has a long box channel running the length of the sump pan does this sound the same?

Cheers

Graham