Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Rear wing protection

MJS

Does anyone know where you can buy the clear stone chip protection (similar to helicopter tape) as used on many cars these days (eg Elise)? I thought it might make a good alternative to the usual stainless or carbon protectors, but wasn't sure whether it would de-laminate carbon if removal was attempted.

Simon Lambert at Caterham aftersales showed me a car that had been armofended - it was a very good job and only really noticable when you looked for it and then you could just about see the line where the armofend stopped.

Caterham are offering this service (I'll be having it done once I get my rear wings painted - again). At the moment armofend come and do it, but the Caterham guys are going to be trained in fitting it.

I've tried fitting it myself - once. Not easy getting a flat piece of plastic to shape around a wing.

Paul

R500 SPL

i bought some paint protection film from Demon Tweeks. it is narrower than the wing but fairly easy to apply and much cheaper than Armourfend. They also do the "leading edge" tape you see on some racing cars

S31VEN