Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Big news in Hastings

GTD

It all happens in Hastings

"Toddler's miraculous escape as car mounts pavement

A TODDLER miraculously escaped death after being struck by a car in the town centre....More"

Cars mounting things, gosh that is kinky

New £9m train station on track to open on Wednesday

HASTINGS train station is on track to open this Wednesday....More

Nice

Axe falls on ALL seven post offices under threat

WORST fears were realised this week as the axe fell on seven post offices in Hastings....More

I didn't know that there were posted offices just for Seveners, but now they are closing anyway

Supercheese R250

Edited by - Paul Davis on 8 Sep 2004 14:02:48

Yip....well I co-ordinated the designer/ architect and client and sorted most of the construction problems, but YAY it's finished...well.......sort of!! OK it's actually just open.....we'll be here a bloody while yet!!

I am the one in the picture in the white hard hat!! 😬 😬 😬 was taken about 3 weeks ago!

Have parked the seven conspicuously!! in case TV people come along!!

And for attempting to improve the rail environment you use, I think the beers should be on you GTD 😬 😬

Dannyboy - 95,000 miles and rising *tongue*

Dannyboy - in that case I'd better hope you move onto the Littlehampton-Hove-Gatwick line next and sharpish - do something about that one and it'll be champagne all round!

Edited to add *arrowdown*

[drinking smiley]

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 8 Sep 2004 14:28:11

Whaddya mean *eek* *eek* *eek*

I made Arundel station look nice again, we built you a new substation at Hove so you could travel on those lovely new trains with air-conditioning and stuff 😬 😬 😬

And now YOU WANT MORE

Greedy sod!! be happy with what you've got..... 😬 😬 😬 😬

(ps..as far as I'm aware there aren't any planned upgrades on that line in the near future ☹️ ☹️ ☹️)

Oh, and while you're at it, a news kiosk so I can buy a paper in Littlehampton station, and Mrs GTD would like a nice cafe please too - skinny decaff organic Mochachino, if you could!

😬

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

as a QS, dannyboy, I can inform you, officially, that with the GTD's budget its most definatley all you can afford, but if you can just value engineer it down a bit it'll let me include a nice fat contingency sum to cover my 🙆🏻

many thanks

buda

We repainted the overbridge and canopies, replaced the canopy roof sheeting, did various steel repairs to the link bridge between platforms, installed working lights to the overbridge, installed drainage to it and sealed the canopy rooves for against leaking! All early last year. 😳 😳 😳

If it looks bad again it's because of you locals! *mad* 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬