Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight R bits

The Pits

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, a guy offered to come round and collect them for more money.

You can't look a gift horse in the mouth, One in the hand is worth two in the bush etc

'before proceeding I'd like to confirm.....' didn't sound like a sure thing to me.

These things aren't that rare are they? Or are they worth way over £100 or something?

*confused*

Well to me you said they we mine. You had agreed a price. I had a greed to send you a cheque.

All I was doing was just double checking and all you needed to do was say yes and give me your address.

Here are copies of our email which I thing seems very explicit:

(your mail to me)

Semi-rigid is about right for most caterham stuff!

I'm not sure on the specifics and all the available types, but they have the

sort of arm scoops built in. I have the race type on my car now which are

just floppy. These bulge out aerodynamically and leave more room for your

arms.

Reasonable offers considered.

Cheers

Jonny

(my return mail)

How does £100 delivered sound?

Peter Ellis

IT Manager

Shaw IT

Westgate Road

Newcastle upon Tyne

NE1 1SA

(your return mail)

Sounds fine to me.

How do you suggest we proceed?

Cheers

Jonny

(My return mail to you)

Give me you address and I will post a cheque

Befor proceeding I just want to re-confirm that they are in excellent condition and the type that are semi rigid with the elbow bulges.

Regards

Peter

No, in my book, everthing was spot on and all I was doing on the last mail was just getting confirmation even though I had agreed to buy. All you had to do was say YES

This is not the way to do business and I am not a happy bunny. *mad*

I like to think that I am an honerable person and when I sell an item, I concider it sold and DO NOT then re-sell it to someone elso for the sake of a few quid therebuy f***ing the other person off

This is one reason whay we need to have some trading rules *mad*

R500 no 63 😬 *cool*

Edited by - Petrolhead on 10 Sep 2004 10:59:56

Edited by - Petrolhead on 10 Sep 2004 11:05:36

Edited by - Petrolhead on 10 Sep 2004 18:41:40

• Area Representative

Jonny, I, too, haven't heard from you. Can you confirm if the headlamps are still for sale, or if you have sold them to someone else? I can come to view/collect in C. London

Adil

FIA bar appears to have sold although the bloke has gone rather quiet. It's fair that I give him a few more days, if I don't hear anything over the next few days I'll re-post it here.

The headlamps are now available, the interested party having found some others (he hadn't seem mine by the way and they are unmarked in case you were wondering).

The tonneau is still available. the tillet one is brand new and comes with a bag of rivets to fit. The other one is a non tillet one and is older but not torn or anything.

Cheers

Jonny

I hope so!

Was your e-mail address lhartney@accsoft.co.uk? or similar?

If yes then it was. My e-mail said there was a delay in my reply to you.

I had hoped you would have got it by now. It was only to say that I accepted your offer and that I had the strut brace at home but will take it to caterham if you wish.

perhaps you could try another e-mail to my address.

Cheers

Jonny

Re: tonneau,

yes I did get mail and replied too. One tonneau (the old one) has gone but the brand new tillet style one is still available. As far as I know it is not intended for windscreen cars but only for aeroscreen cars. The tonneau goes down and over the side doors, has never been used or even put on the car. I've had a cage fitted and they tonneau no longer applies.

Cheers

Jonny

I don't think the tonneau will fit a live axle car but caterham would know.

I don't know the price they cost new, can't find any price for them on the caterham website so I'm guessing around £120 would be a useful saving on new from the factory. Please feel free to correct me if I'm way out.

Cheers

Jonny

According to the Caterham parts CD, I'm guessing this is the price of the cover new, judging by the fact you've posted these as Superlight bits and an FIA bar IYSWIM.

76259F1A 1 £91.35 Tonneau Cover - Superlight FIA Roll Bar Right Hand Drive (96 onwards)

I think that's ex VAT - so 107 ish retail...?

How does 60 quid sound?

Vinnie