Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aintree Results + Revised Champ standings

Silver 21

Rob

Yes Kaspar beat me!!, but I did find out that their car has approx 170 -190bhp according to their commentary sheet, this was clear as Daves speed over the line was over 120mph whereas I struggled to get over 105 with my foot flat to the floor *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused* *confused*.

Therefore must upgrade the engine for next year, all the 1.8 k's were also doing 120 -125 over the line, Graham Ford did 135mph over the line 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳.

You missed a great day, even Adrian preferred it to Curb *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* 2004 Speed Championship - 9 events *cool*

PC

Were four runs announced before the event or were they a surprise on the day ?

Interesting point

MSA regs only allow for 2 timed runs, unless specifically stated in the Supplimentary Regs.

For this reason clubs tend to allow extra practices if time allows rather than timed runs.

Lawrence

Peter & Lawrence

In our supp regs for this year it states

11. Number of Runs:

"At all meetings it is the intention to offer competitors two practice and at least two timed class runs. All runs will be in strict programme order. "

"If more than two timed runs are possible then an announcement will be made before the end of the second timed run."

Graham

Competition Secretary

Dunno where its written - I have betteer things to read *wink* 😬 . But it was the opinion of the MSA official at llandow that it was permitted .

I took his word for it , as we also had to inform him of every other little item on the day ........ he was rather ......errr........"exacting" ?? *wink*

Tsk! Tsk! Dave

BTW my boredom has indicated that the Curb 2, class 5 scoring may be incorrect as I am not a "competitor" in the club championship.

Ah! now found a reg allowing for the publishing of additional instructions.

Lawrence

bored with being bored and off to the real world now

bye bye

Lawrence

The scoring is correct, we took the decision last year that points were allocated regardless of whether people where championship contenders, otherwise its a nightmare to sort out. You must be very bored today, have you got no work to do 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬 😬

Graham

Competition Secretary

....and there's me hoping for an extra 0.7 *wink*

BB,

I have a suspicion that all of Jon Powells results have been counted. I'm not sure if he reads BC but I am sure he has done more events than me this year.

Although I don't know at what point he registered.

Tom

BTW, Cracking day out on Saturday, very enjoyable well done to all those involved.

Charles & Matt J

Points for Class 1 have now been corrected (I hope)

Tom

Not sure what you are saying John Powell did compete at Llandow but I've got him down as Class 4 for that event *confused* *confused*

Graham

Competition Secretary

BB,

As far as I can remember, Jon has done all the events this year. Bloody good show for his first time in a seven. He has been on 1b tyres.

I'm going to have to up my game next year as he now has practised at all the venues and Peter Cox looking for ACB10's. *smile*