Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New & Cheap Minilite Wheels

Rob Morris

No worries and sorry I should have mention a bit about those who have already paid carriage! Here it is now!

"Will all pepole who have already paid for the carriage in advance please ignore my previous posting. I have a very clear and detailed record of ALL funds received todate and will ensure that nobody is over or under charged".

Sorry if I've concerned any of you who have already sent additional monies!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At bloo!y last. 20 wheels have been promissed by KN for the end of this week. 11 by post and 9 for collection.

Next firmed up despatch will be 12th Nov. with compleation date for all wheels stated at end of November.

All I can say is "Perhaps they should consider applying to run our Rail network"

First 21 wheels (nearly all 6" black & highlite De-Dion) have been despatched / stuck in my garage for collection.

Are you one of the first lucky ones? If you have not received an email from me then sadly NO is the answer.

Good news is that KN have promissed to complete the original order (90 wheels) by the end of November.

Sadly the orders for a total of 10 wheels that arrived with begging letters will be closer to Christmas (I'm sure you all know which section you belong too)

Sorry for the delay but it is KN who are the control element in this order. To be fair I'm sure that an additional order for 90+ wheels, whilst good for profits is dificult to handle on top of the regular customers such as Caterham and W*******d.

Again thank you for being understanding, but I'm sure like last years order the wait will be worth it!

Sorry, but deal is closed. & sadly never to be repeated as Caterham have got wind of our efforts to "bulk buy" and in KN's own words "put the squeze on them to stop"! All orders in place will be completed, however, it looks like "Mr Compomotive" may have a chance to prove his stuff next year especialy now the competition has been eliminated!

Personal thought - If this comment from KN is correct then Caterham must be desparate and may explain the reason for stoping the Blackbird?

Current wheel order stil promissed for compleation end of November. (except the 10 wheels that were late!)

Caterham do this on many of "their" product lines. I think it comes down to the individual company on whether they listen and some places will be more willing to keep Caterham sweet (if KN supply Caterham with all their 8-spokes, then it'll be more important to keep them sweet etc).

I can understand why they'd want to do this, kind of, but I think it's very shortsighted.

Caterham must be getting a deal equally as good as the bulk buys, probably better, so why don't they simply add a fiver on as margin. That way no one would be inclined to go to the lengths that Rob has kindly done, they'd get more business direct to them and no need to squeeze suppliers. Everybody'd be happy.

Mind you, if they did that the price of their cars might come down and we couldn't have that for a premium lifestyle product could we!

If you're listening Caterham, why not have a rethink of some of your policies over Christmas. We love you dearly but there's a limit to what people will put up with and the economy's likely to be poo for a fair bit now. Tough times ahead...

I emailed these people this morning, informing them that there is no commercial advertising allowed on the site and advising them that I had removed their 3 postings.

I also suggested that if they wanted to offer services to club members that they should contact someone on the management team before posting.

It seems that they didn't like that.

Edited by - site manager on 12 Nov 2001 21:23:49

Dear Racing Gear,

1) Try the "CAPS LOCK" Key!

2) Are you taking the P!ss or what!

3) Are you aware that adverts for profit are NOT allowed?

4) Where was it that you worked again?

5) Have fun, sounds like a Directors job for you at Compomotive

6) Nothing like a keen volunteer to pick up the challenge.

For anybody late "tuning in"! Please be assured that the current orders will be 100% covered, so there's no need to panic. Likewise, despite your cheques having be cashed, remeber the funds stop with me until the wheels have been despatched, (i.e. "win - win" situation for us all).

I have just received my wheels. They are just the ticket and a saving of almost £100.00 for four, you cant say fairer than that.

Many thanks for all your efforts, Rob. Should this offer ever become available again I would recommend it to anyone/everyone.

Just for information:

An additional 8 off 13x6" black & hilite wheels will be despatched Tuesday. These will arrive without the 13x7" People receiving these should not panic as the 7" jobies will follow later.

Likewise, overall cariage cost will not be affected and please don't send cheques to cover this part shipment yet as It will make a mess of my system and give the wife a reason to visit the bank / shops!

KN are still confident of clearing the original order by end of November? There's a first time for everything! But to be honnest the wheels should be completed around end of Nov. start of Dec.

Sorry for the delay. But it's not me!

Rob......I didn't need any wheels this time but enjoyed following the thread. I was also impressed by your efforts to save club members some money ...well done mate.

Now.....why not really piss some people off and do us a bulk purchase on some chassis's and carbon fibre bits so an SLR can be put on the road for something more realistic than £30,000.......VHPD'S should also work out cheaper in bulk!!!!!!

Kenny HPC

Strange thing about your comments is that having worked within the automotive world for many compamies including Jaguar I have contacts within Rover so a K-Series engine should be easy.

Shame that I like Vauxhall power, the one company I have no contacts for!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

All of the original 6" Black and highlite have been despatched, likwise, most of the 6" silver have gone and KN hope to despatch live axle this week (yea sure!)followed by the 7" before Christmas.

Sorry for the continued delay but this does follow the pattern of last year (i.e. they are cheap but they should be with delay)

NOTE: Must remeber to send KN a calendar with November on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm back. Thought I'd run off with all the money!!!

Have spoken with KN and pointed out the fact that November actually ends on the 31st and that the wheels had NOT been shipped!

They have assured me that most Live and 7" will be leaving early this coming week!!!! I will phone Monday to confirm just who they mean by most and email the people directly, likewise, to reasure the few remaining members, i'll quickly work out some stats and post them on Blat Chat so that you can se that the list is getting smaller.

Again sorry for the delay, but I'm unable to effect much of a change.

Ok so I've screwed up! and left my list at work!!!!

Sorry, but information from KN indicates that they have sent out a lot of 7x13 Black and highlites.

I will post the promissed update Tuesday showing exactly who's still owed wheels. Initial and Surname only will be listed along with Qty and size. That should keep me busy!

I have had one quirey about a pair of 7" wheels. Please check your delivery and inform me of any obvious errors as I will with hold payment until the issues are sorted. Sorry NOT going to say what the concern because if your wheels have the same error it will be obvious and I don't want to start put the cat to the pigeons!

As always phone number is (01952) 242786 of an evening.

Sorry but folowing Tuesdays posting additional deliveries will now be into 2002. Please trust me the list is very short and the majority are from the late orders.