Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New & Cheap Minilite Wheels

Rob Morris

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMPORTANT!

1) Orders are now closed - Sorry if you have missed out.

2) Wheels will take approx. 5 weeks.

3) Regular progress postings will be placed on this site.

4) Individuals will be contacted by email when wheels have been despatched.

5) Any concerns contact (01952) 242786

Mark, The 01952 is my number, sadly I can't remeber your question and my modem is struggling tonight!

Please repeat your question and I will endeavour to answer it!

If it was about MX5 Fitment then I came confirm that they are working on it, however, no answer as yet.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE.

Sorry for the dalay, however, just returned from visiting the "outlaws" in Scotland.

Curently the wheels are due to be cast this coming week, however, I'm currently in dispute along with the dealer with KN who are claiming that the prices quoted do not include VAT.

No need to panic yet as I can remember this hard up story last year and would you believe it we got the wheels at the agreed price, likewise, whilst your cheques have been cashed the money is safe in my own account. No money ever exchanges hands until wheels are in the post!

Any problems / concerns then please call me direct (01952) 242786 thanks for your understanding.

No fear!

Price opinions sorted! The deal is still very much on have had it confirmed that our 90 wheels have been scheduled in for casting this week.

Will keep you all updated as and when things start to happen!

Just shows the power of bulk buying!!!!!!!

I was in the position of having a decent Superlite spare and I wanted an exact matching set, so I recently bought direct from Superlite, who gave me a club discount, at a price not much more expensive than the club deal. They were friendly, helpfull and efficient. Wheels arrived in about 2 weeks. Deal included centre caps and nuts.

Discounts are variable, if necessary quote my name (Allen Boyd-Newton)

I reproduce the basics of one of their emails.

Dear Sir

We can offer 6x13 genuine superlite silver with polished rim @ 52.50 pounds sterling each + vat and 7x13 @ 54.24 each + vat, free delivery in UK.

Wow! 7x13" price looks very good 6x13" not quite so hot. Only concern is the sample mail indicates Silver with highligted rim?

The std Caterham wheel is just silver so please be aware anybody who thinks that they would match the O.E. kit.

Are these the same as the items being sold by Demon Tweeks? If so I think people should check out the finish as you'll find it's not the same (enough said)!

Rob, yes you are correct, polished rim is standard feature of superlite and in my view makes it superior (IMHO), I believe darkish grey centre colour is available at the same price, other finishes are possible. See site www.superlite-wheels.com

Regards

allen

Edited by - allen on 4 Oct 2001 09:03:52

PLEASE DON'T FORGET THAT BOTH THE 'KN' MINATOR & THE SUPALITE WHEELS ARE ROAD WHEELS & NOT MOTORSPORT PRODUCTS LIKE THE COMPOMOTIVE 'ML' RANGE...

I GUESS THAT YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A HEAT TREATED RACING WHEEL PLEASE DROP ME A LINE OR CHECK OUT WWW.COMPOMOTIVE.COM

REGARDS BARRY

Regarding genuine superlite wheels you can have them silver with a polished rim OR silver all over for the same price - we are only to happy to help. No our wheels are not sold by Demon Tweeks those are the cheap Australian gravity cast imitation and I agree look out for their quality !! As for Compomotive copy 1) it doesn't look anything like the original 2)Our British made Superlites are made from LM 25 heat treated, case hardened with steel inserts and were specifically designed for competition use.

In reply to one of Rob's messages, I'm all for people making a pound or two but I wish they would get their facts right. Firstly Two Gates Wheels are absolutely nothing to do with KN and never have been in fact Two Gates Wheels went into receivership in January 2000, they also own the name Alleycat, Two Gates Wheels did supply Caterham for a short while with 6x14 and also made Revolution wheels for a short period, they were bought out by Raceline and although KN are based in Telford they are no where near Two Gates - so why advertise Minilites when you are selling Minators ? Its like the difference between Caterham and locust !!

SUPERLITEMAN...DID YOU KNOW THAT THE TWOGATES/RACELINE FACTORY NO LONGER MAKES WHEELS IN THE UK...I UNDERSTAND THAT THE MOULDS WERE SENT TO ITALY A MONTH OR SO AGO, NO PRODUCTION HAS YET COME BACK TO THE UK !

I'M SURE THAT YOUR WHEEL IS BETTER THAN AN AUSTRALIAN WHEEL,BUT COMPOMOTIVE DO MAKE WHEELS FOR WORLD RALLY CARS & ARE CURRENT GROUP N WORLD / NATIONAL RALLY CHAMPIONS...

NEED THEY SAY MORE.

Superliteman, you're obviously an expert here...in my youthful days, I lusted after a proper set of minilites for my mini, not those GB alloy imitations, but the real thing. Question then, which is the best, Minilite or GB alloy and following that theme, what's the diference between a minilite and a minator - is a minator the modern day equivalent of a GB alloy? Finally, to an untutored eye like mine, they all look the same....

Firstly let me appologise for the use of the word Minilite as the wheels are inded Minitor as fitted by Caterham.

Whilst I confess to not be any form of expert on wheels and the history of! I'm find that I now want to dive in a little closer and investigate the history. One concern is that you state that KN have no connection with two gates and that two gates manufactured aleycat and revolution wheels once upon a time?

My only concern is that KN actually own the manufacturing rights to the revolution wheel and still manufacture many hundreds a week?

As for the other comment about "making a couple of quid"! Sorry i'm not sure about other prices quoted on this thread, but I can assure all concerned with the now correctly re-quoted KN Minitors that they are being supplied on a cost only basis. If anybody can secure a better deal from an alternative source or indeed KN / Revoulution then I'm more than happy to pass over all the details of current orders so that the members can be supplied with the correct item at an even better price.

I'm pleased that the wheels are not the Demon items as I feel we all agree they are fit for purpose but not exactly sexy!

30 : 15 over to you guys!!!!!

Im pleased with the deal Ive got from Rob, all I want is a cheap set of spare track day wheels, but Im amazed with all the people now coming out of the woodwork and claiming of all these great deals. Where where they before?