Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New & Cheap Minilite Wheels

Rob Morris

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to Alex's comments , you are quite right caterham have never used Minilite as OE equipment but from 1986 to 1997 caterham used British made superlite wheels as supplied by Performance Industries UK Ltd , Kington , Herefordshire of which in 1997 the name was changed to Superlite Wheels Limited as by this time the whole world knew the name superlite but very few heard of performance. For a while caterham were then supplied by Alleycat (Two Gates Wheels) and later had their own made.

In reply to Daryls reply - yes we do know of Performance in Australia ! As far as discount goes on 3 piece split rims since the beginning of this year when Andrew Dent negotiated a discount to club members Superlite have been offering 15% off retail prices on all their 3 piece wheels in the following sizes 13" with widths from 5.5 up to 12" in 1/2" increments also in 14" from 5.5 to 9", 15" with widths from 5.5 to 12" and also 16" with the same widths and superlite are working on 17" 3 piece , the discount applies to Lotus 7 club members.

Want to jump the queue?????????

I have four 6Jx13 (Black) with CR500 from my Caterham supplied Superlight(Y67 CDS). They are 2 months old and have done 1300 road miles (500 spent running the engine in, plus 600 miles on A Roads going to Oulten Park last weekend). New from Caterham the wheels are £78 each, the tyres £117 each ; total £780. From me...£450 and the buyer collects/pays for delivery. An absolute bargain or not? Let me know...

max seaman

made up name

Too late, new wheels and tyres already have already completed their first high speed test - got so carried away that I managed to get 29.78 litres of fuel in the tank! The engine cut out as I changed down to turn into the garage. Rolled silently, but majesticly to a halt next to the pumps - which was nice. Thanks anyway.

max seaman

made up name

Have received one very good question, which I felt required an urgent posting.

Q - Do the advertised prices include postage costs

A - Sorry, they don't however, the order form does ask if you want to pick them up yourself? The wheels are boxed in pairs and all buyers should be aware that if you are buying a set of four you'll need a large car.

Hope that this has not caused to many people confussion.

In answer to the question about the wheels on offer and where they are manufactured, please be assured that they are the genuine articles as fitted to current Caterhams and produced by KN wheels. Likewise, they are being supplied via a local stockist / dealer and not direct from the factory.

Please don't think that they may turn out to be cheap and nasty as per the Ausie versions I hope that this addresses any fears. Alternativley ask the people who had them last time!

Let me jump-in, Rob ! (HI, by the way smile.gif

If we're talking about Superlite Wheels, then I can add to the topic.

I got my set out of the last bulk purchase.

- 5 fit in the trunk of a VW Golf no problem !

- shipping was a joke, as in, 20-odd quid TO GERMANY

- they're the puppie's beanies regarding quality!

I'd buy a seciond set of four just for slicks, if I didn't need instruments and a propshaft ...

Go for it !!

Best - Karsten

Quick note:

Would ALL the people who have requested order forms please ensure that I receive them no later than Thursday 6th Sept.

In other words hurry up as I'm going to close the door and place the order.

Anybody who may require an order form should email me direct as per previous posting. This saves me a small fortune trying to email people singular from blat chat - Thanks Rob M.

To keep you all informed to date I have sent 29 order forms and received 5 back (one without cheque)

Hope to see some of you at Donnington this weekend!

Hi Rob,

Can you send me an order form as well please, hope I'm not too late.

Also, being a complete novice as far as teh mechanics of my 7 go, how do I tell what spacing I need for the wheels?, I know it's a dedion rear axel. The car used to be a 1400 Kseries racer.

Lali

I was at Castle Coombe on Saturday. I got talking to the guy from Superlite wheels. I asked him about prices, he told me that club members get 10% discount from them. I mentioned the deal Rob is putting together, he was at great pains to explain that this time the wheels are not from Superlite, but K&N. He said last time he supplied the wheels.

Sorry to "piss on his chips" but he is 100% wrong!

The wheels I'm going to supply this time are identical to the last offer i.e. they are made by two gates who are KN Wheels who are also Revolution Wheels.

Hence why the wheels are called Minitor and NOT Minilite.

For the last time these wheels are identical to the standard Caterham Wheels, no more and no less!

I would assume from his claim that he was trying to promote his wheels?