Click here if you are having website access problems ×

lotus 7 for sale

automart

Factory-built, chassis no.1001. Original colours. Good example, showing 30k, registered 15/8/60. For more details ring Colin on Plymouth(01752) 666667 or e-mail bob@phillips2.eclipse.co.uk for a picture.

Edited by - colinpester on 2 Sep 2004 22:56:20

To anyone interested,

SDR441 - SB1001 is the second Series Two made. There is no evidence to say that it was factory built, infact I doubt that Chapman was prepared to pay Purchase Tax if he could get away with it. What do you say the original colours were? The factory records say Red (and bare aluminium), but I believe that the car is now green, yellow and bare aluminium now, or at least it was 6 years ago.

JWW

Cor blimey guv, give us a break.......

There was I, minding my own business, when my mate Col says "I got this lotus 7 to sell, plonk it on the woldwhatsit and see if anyone's interested."

So I did, and this is what I got. Obviously I know nothing about lotus 7's, but, being a Reliant Rialto driver, I felt a kind of kinship with the animal, noting the same peculiarly primitive fixtures and fittings that mark both marques, not to mention the S & M idiosyncracies that they share in seat design and suspension. I stand corrected on its provenence, and will inform Colin, so that he has a better idea of what he's trying to sell.

Regards, bob