Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Vecta immobilisers

fairdriver

Have a 1992 Caterham with Vecta and battery isolation switch installed.Have got into habit of disconnecting battery lead when car not in use to prevent battery discharge.Now none of the Vecta keys is recognised to enable car to be started. Have been told Vecta needs replacing(sales talk?)but need to get car to company concerned.Any ideas how I can circumvent system to fire up ignition or can Vecta be de-bugged? Not a technical expert so need ABC instructions please. Thanks everyone.

I tried this when installing the new engine. forget it if you don't want loads of work and alot of mess. I gave up and disconnected it, rewiring the whole lot. I can't believe that the Vecta is actually dead. It really doesn't do much for a living. Have you checked you haven't got a loose wire? Careful with the key / socket as they don't do replacements at all. Consider a trailer to an agent.

PS I found vecta thoroughly unhelpful. Have you tried contacting James W?

Nigel Mills - 2.0 Zetec carbs

I don't think that it can have a loose or disconnected lead as the "red" light comes on when the battery terminal is reconnected - the light just doesn't go green and mobilise the ignition when any of the Vecta keys are inserted

Thanks anyway - anyone else with an idea??