Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

how noisy ...1700 xflow?

Peter R Shaw

Depends on type of exhaust, state of exhaust etc and I guess engine tune/setup, mine was 109dB with 3year old 6000mile caterham exhaust (larger size side exit) but was much quieter when exhaust was new and my car does lots of banging and flames on the over-run. Now have raceco can so much quieter. But unless exhaust is knackered should be able to pass 105dB. I guess.

• Leadership Team

Peter

I went to Oulton Park on 28 June with very loud xflow. the dB limit was 105db. The track official put me down as 104.9 😬 😬 😬

I asked him what the correct reading was later but he said he'd have to shoot me if he told me 😬

My 7 is 13years old and is still on the first silencer - hence the reason why I'm about to purchase a new one from Powerspeed *wink*

Rog

I was worried about my exhaust noise, so tried to contact Brands Hatch to see if I could take the car down pre-trackday to test it (I'd HATE to go to a trackday, then be thrown off for noise). After 15 referrals, I was told: "take it to an MOT centre; they all have noise meters". The car promptly blew its head gasket, so I haven't done this, but it may be worth a go.