Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Powerspeed et al opinions

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I need a new silencer for my 91 xflow. a mate up here in the Mid-Staffs gang has recommended Powerspeed.

Although I see regular glowing reports on the quality of the Raceco gear - the prices are a bit high for a 13 year old car that only does c. 3-4 track days a year *eek*

I've talked to Dave at Powerspeed and he reckons c.£200+vat should sort me a 6.5inch repackable silencer. *thumbup*

No doubt the shy and retiring amongst you willprovide some feedback on these guys or make other suggestions *tongue* *tongue*

Cheers Rog

Roger

I think Colin H's K car has a PS exhaust system if you want a close up view of one.

Ade's Westfield (was at Portmeirion, the one which struggled to restart at Bala) had a complete system with repackable can made here see picture of green Westy on site. Seems pretty happy with it and they will make it to the car. Also at the Macc end of the Cat and Fiddle road *wink*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

• Area Representative
Ade's Westfield (was at Portmeirion, the one which struggled to restart at Bala)

Nothing new then?!

I've only ever had a Westie (the one above) parked in my drive once.

It leaked petrol, then wouldn't start!

• Leadership Team

Thanks for the info guys *thumbup*

looks like I'll go with Powerspeed. Spoke to Dave down there again today and he says he will take the silencer and the 4-1 collector and fettle that into one piece as well - he seems to think that provides a more robust soluton.

Ian - dont need new dampers 😬 I found out yesterday having talked to Barry at CCM that they sent the wrong de dion tube. They sent me the post '96 de dion and there is a different one for my model year *confused* *mad* that's why I'm running ground effect. Made cutting the lawn easy though 😬

Ah well another opportunity to get to know the back of her *tongue*..the car

Rog