Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Speed Championship Class Records

Mark Durrant

• Area Representative

May 2005 class 2 update number two!

The mark has been moved again!

Rob Herring got the class win today with at time of 62.64.

I judged my last run very carefully, equalling Rob's time, but didn't want to beat him on his birthday *smile*

(He did a better first run than me, so gets the class win)

'Stunning' performance Mr Price 😬 Mr consistency, but pipped on both days Congratulations to Mark and Rob.

I was starting to worry that a lynch mob was forming to play squidge the tyres yesterday *wink*

Ian

Green and Silver Roadsport 😬

• Area Representative

Mr Locust,

Consistent - No, I didn't manage to string a decent run together until the last run!

Sat on the start line I was looking for a whole second!

Luckily for me, the early pace setters Rob Herring (driving his dads car), Peter Carmichael (driving Andy Nicholls' car) and Mark Durrant, all went slower on their second runs (Rob and Peter both within a couple of tenths of their previous times).

Interestingly, both of them were running 186/60 13" 539's - perhaps tyre choice is not that significant after all

Hey... I want to lay claim to having had the class 2 record for all of about 2 minutes *eek*

I had a fantastic time today playing in Class 2 and Andy's car really did me proud. Thanks Andy. Please consider the nuts to be soundly thrashed off the car and FWIW the car seemed to enjoy it. It's a funny business, swapping into a completely different car: having to ask about launch revs; discovering that burnouts with no limited slip diff are a bit of a pointless effort; wondering quite how much commitment to take into the first corner.

I relearnt today a thing I should not have lost sight of: standard spec Caterham's are amazingly capable driving machines. It has been far to easy to lose sight of that.

Now I've just got to work out how to get my class 5 car to go faster that Paul Dicken's class 3 car.

Oh, I should also give my congratulations to Rob and Richard. Very well done on your win and close second place and record. I would have loved to have denied you the glories, but it was not my day today.

It might have been a fast day, but I think there were some excellent driving performances in all the classes. Dave J and Paul D were the standout performances for me. I will be intrigued to see how fast Brodie can really go when he gets that new car working as efficiently as the Busa. It looks like there is plenty more to come.